By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - E3 - Nintendo's conference predictions and wishlists

heavenmercenary01 said:

Hopes are extremely high in here.
Delusion will indeed be inevitable. Don't get mad at Nintendo for being too optimistic. They've promised nothing.
For me, i'll put the bar extremely low and expect some poor ports from irrelevant third party games that has been released on PS3 and vanilla PS4 back in 2013 to 2015. (and yes the persona series is to be excluded).
Smash as always.
Splatoon 3.
More footages on Mario Golf, skywardSword, no more heroes 3, Disgaea 6 localization and Game Garage Builder.
Hyrule Warriors DLC.
First party lazy ass ports, because that's what's Nintendo seems to be liking those late years. So we'll have Wind waker HD and Twilight Princess HD (each at 60€), Xenoblade Chronicles X (yes , no new ip's from monolith and they've been polishing the port for more than three years instead. Afterall, Retro spent 7 years doing nothing but a port of tropical freeze), and Tomodachi life or Nintendo Land ports instead of sequels (because why bother making sequels?).
We'll get probably more ports that i don't want to even think about in order to avoid digging deeper everytime i say we already hit the bottom.
Lots of Indies.
SMTV
The 40mins will fly away in a blink of an eye and you won't feel them cauz your hopes will keep you watching and expecting uncoming thing untill deception hits you.

Bonus: the Treehouse presentation will be focused on Mario Golf, Game Garage Builder and SkywardSword. Mario Golf will look interesting and SS will look as crappy as ever.

Anyway this list seems to be more realistic than what's being expected by people. Like, seriously are you expecting first party efforts to be put on a console that's selling like crazy by just being in stock? Are you seriously expecting DK, Metroid, Zelda,Splatoon, Kirby and a monolith new IP all in the same Direct? SERIOUSLY?

You've somehow managed to insult people for being unrealistically optimistic while you are unrealistically pessimistic.

Around the Network

What I want is Metroid Prime 4, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Breath of the Wild 2.

What I'm afraid that we'll get is like Wii Music HD and obscure indie titles. Also an Animal Crossing character or something in Smash.

We'll see.

There won't be anything about Metroid, DK, Star Fox or Kirby. Forget it. Oh and no Bayo3 as well, that's for sure. Of course no Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, why would those be there when now is the time to promote Skyward Sword HD? In fact, why would those come to the Switch at all?

Let's be realistic. They will show Mario Golf, The Game Maker app, and a lot of games that we already know about like SMT V and NMH 3, but there won't be anything new.

Switch Pro, I'm not sure either. Might be, but I wouldn't bet on it.

We might be very lucky if BotW 2 shows up for just a few seconds.

GoOnKid said:

There won't be anything about Metroid, DK, Star Fox or Kirby. Forget it. Oh and no Bayo3 as well, that's for sure. Of course no Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, why would those be there when now is the time to promote Skyward Sword HD? In fact, why would those come to the Switch at all?

Let's be realistic. They will show Mario Golf, The Game Maker app, and a lot of games that we already know about like SMT V and NMH 3, but there won't be anything new.

Wrong, they will cancel the direct and the treehouse presentation the day before they should be shown and all currently announced games will be canceled and nothing will release on the Switch anymore.

We won't get any games anymore, the Switch Pro is a myth and Nintendo is shutting down next week.

Kakadu18 said:
GoOnKid said:

Wrong, they will cancel the direct and the treehouse presentation the day before they should be shown and all currently announced games will be canceled and nothing will release on the Switch anymore.

We won't get any games anymore, the Switch Pro is a myth and Nintendo is shutting down next week.

Ok I get it, I am very pessimistic on this one but I just want people to settle down their overly unrealistic expectations for a bit. I would love to be proven wrong but some suggestions here in this thread are just not sensible to me.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
Kakadu18 said:

Ok I get it, I am very pessimistic on this one but I just want people to settle down their overly unrealistic expectations for a bit. I would love to be proven wrong but some suggestions here in this thread are just not sensible to me.

Sure.

Btw, the direct will only show software they said in the announcement, so obviously no Switch Pro and showing Game Builder Garage wouldn't make much sense because it's releasing this Friday. They reveal and release the game before E3 to not have to show it there.

I agree that they won't show WW and TP, since they want the focus to be on SS HD.

I personally think there should be at least 3 first party games newly announced, wether it's completely new games or ports or whatever, otherwise I will be dissapointed.

Not revealing any new games in this direct, if I'm not mistaken would be a first for Nintendo. I agree that many people have unrealistic expectation and set themselves up for dissapointment, but your's was just as unrealistic to me.

Kakadu18 said:
GoOnKid said:

Sure.

Btw, the direct will only show software they said in the announcement, so obviously no Switch Pro and showing Game Builder Garage wouldn't make much sense because it's releasing this Friday. They reveal and release the game before E3 to not have to show it there.

I agree that they won't show WW and TP, since they want the focus to be on SS HD.

I personally think there should be at least 3 first party games newly announced, wether it's completely new games or ports or whatever, otherwise I will be dissapointed.

Not revealing any new games in this direct, if I'm not mistaken would be a first for Nintendo. I agree that many people have unrealistic expectation and set themselves up for dissapointment, but your's was just as unrealistic to me.

Well, surprises could come anytime during an E³, so I'll have my fingers crossed.

Dulfite said:
heavenmercenary01 said:

Hopes are extremely high in here.
Delusion will indeed be inevitable. Don't get mad at Nintendo for being too optimistic. They've promised nothing.
For me, i'll put the bar extremely low and expect some poor ports from irrelevant third party games that has been released on PS3 and vanilla PS4 back in 2013 to 2015. (and yes the persona series is to be excluded).
Smash as always.
Splatoon 3.
More footages on Mario Golf, skywardSword, no more heroes 3, Disgaea 6 localization and Game Garage Builder.
Hyrule Warriors DLC.
First party lazy ass ports, because that's what's Nintendo seems to be liking those late years. So we'll have Wind waker HD and Twilight Princess HD (each at 60€), Xenoblade Chronicles X (yes , no new ip's from monolith and they've been polishing the port for more than three years instead. Afterall, Retro spent 7 years doing nothing but a port of tropical freeze), and Tomodachi life or Nintendo Land ports instead of sequels (because why bother making sequels?).
We'll get probably more ports that i don't want to even think about in order to avoid digging deeper everytime i say we already hit the bottom.
Lots of Indies.
SMTV
The 40mins will fly away in a blink of an eye and you won't feel them cauz your hopes will keep you watching and expecting uncoming thing untill deception hits you.

Bonus: the Treehouse presentation will be focused on Mario Golf, Game Garage Builder and SkywardSword. Mario Golf will look interesting and SS will look as crappy as ever.

Anyway this list seems to be more realistic than what's being expected by people. Like, seriously are you expecting first party efforts to be put on a console that's selling like crazy by just being in stock? Are you seriously expecting DK, Metroid, Zelda,Splatoon, Kirby and a monolith new IP all in the same Direct? SERIOUSLY?

You've somehow managed to insult people for being unrealistically optimistic while you are unrealistically pessimistic.

I wasn't aiming at insulting anyone. So I'm sorry for that.
But i don't see my statements as being unrealistic. In fact, there are more probabilities for the direct to turn out the way i predicted it rather than the least optimistic scenarios out there (either on forums or youtube).

heavenmercenary01 said:
Dulfite said:

But i don't see my statements as being unrealistic. In fact, there are more probabilities for the direct to turn out the way i predicted it rather than the least optimistic scenarios out there (either on forums or youtube).

- I really doubt they will port games from that long ago at this point. If there are any ports I suspect they will be from games made within at most the last 3 years.

- The next two dlc characters will be Ultimate's last two probably, and possible see the retirement of its creator, so a lot of emotion will be riding on what those characters are.

- Splatoon 3 was a massive surprise when they announced it, so it's full unveiling will be extremely exciting for its fans. That being said they said E3 direct will be exclusively focused on 2021 releases and I believe Splatoon 3 is releasing minimum of early 2022 (unless by 2021 they mean fiscal).

- I don't have much to say on Mario Golf, No More Heroes 3, Disgaea 6, or Age of Calamity DLC other than fans of those games will love hearing about more content coming. All of that would be new content for them.

- So if WWHD and TPHD are lazy ports, that implies it took minimal effort on Nintendo's part to port them, correct? So, if their teams weren't too distracted making the ports, and if more people get to play those games than could before, what's the harm?

- Monolith Soft will likely have a brand new game unveiled at the conference.

- Retro did not spend 7 years doing Tropical Freeze alone. There is evidence out there that they were working on at least 1-2 other games (at least 1 of them was cancelled). Their slow pumping out of games is due to cancellations and being asked to take over MP4. I actually think we could see another game from them come out before MP4 does, personally.

- Lots of indies isn't a bad thing. I've played more indie on the Switch than any other device ever, and my appreciation for indie developers is at an all time high.

- What's SMTV?

- No way the treehouse will be focused on games already released (Golf), games targeting a creative niche (GG Builder), or re-released games. They may be briefly included, but most of the focus of the treehouse will be on brand new AAA games as those are the money drivers.

- Donkey Kong coming is based on rumors. No one that I know of was speculating on that out of hope until recently, when the reports game out that the SMO team was building it. Can't really blame people for being hyped about that.

- Metroid Prime 4, Zelda, Splatoon have all been announced months/1 year + ago. People will naturally think they are coming soon because Nintendo doesn't announce things far away from release generally.

- Kirby is a no brainer that it will appear in some fashion. The Japanese will revolt if there wasn't an annual Kirby game.

- Monolith Soft has been working on a brand new game for years now, it should absolutely be ready to be seen by this E3.

Dulfite said:
heavenmercenary01 said:

- I really doubt they will port games from that long ago at this point. If there are any ports I suspect they will be from games made within at most the last 3 years.

- The next two dlc characters will be Ultimate's last two probably, and possible see the retirement of its creator, so a lot of emotion will be riding on what those characters are.

- Splatoon 3 was a massive surprise when they announced it, so it's full unveiling will be extremely exciting for its fans. That being said they said E3 direct will be exclusively focused on 2021 releases and I believe Splatoon 3 is releasing minimum of early 2022 (unless by 2021 they mean fiscal).

- I don't have much to say on Mario Golf, No More Heroes 3, Disgaea 6, or Age of Calamity DLC other than fans of those games will love hearing about more content coming. All of that would be new content for them.

- So if WWHD and TPHD are lazy ports, that implies it took minimal effort on Nintendo's part to port them, correct? So, if their teams weren't too distracted making the ports, and if more people get to play those games than could before, what's the harm?

- Monolith Soft will likely have a brand new game unveiled at the conference.

- Retro did not spend 7 years doing Tropical Freeze alone. There is evidence out there that they were working on at least 1-2 other games (at least 1 of them was cancelled). Their slow pumping out of games is due to cancellations and being asked to take over MP4. I actually think we could see another game from them come out before MP4 does, personally.

- Lots of indies isn't a bad thing. I've played more indie on the Switch than any other device ever, and my appreciation for indie developers is at an all time high.

- What's SMTV?

- No way the treehouse will be focused on games already released (Golf), games targeting a creative niche (GG Builder), or re-released games. They may be briefly included, but most of the focus of the treehouse will be on brand new AAA games as those are the money drivers.

- Donkey Kong coming is based on rumors. No one that I know of was speculating on that out of hope until recently, when the reports game out that the SMO team was building it. Can't really blame people for being hyped about that.

- Metroid Prime 4, Zelda, Splatoon have all been announced months/1 year + ago. People will naturally think they are coming soon because Nintendo doesn't announce things far away from release generally.

- Kirby is a no brainer that it will appear in some fashion. The Japanese will revolt if there wasn't an annual Kirby game.

- Monolith Soft has been working on a brand new game for years now, it should absolutely be ready to be seen by this E3.

Bold: they said it would be exclusively focused on software mainly for 2021. Splatoon 3 in this direct is not out of the question even though not very likely.

Bold 2: Shin Megami Tensei V

Bold 3: Mario Golf hasn't released yet.

I agree with everything else.