By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate the Nintendo Direct E3 2021

 

Rate the Direct 2021

10 9 6.29%
 
9 27 18.88%
 
8 42 29.37%
 
7 27 18.88%
 
6 14 9.79%
 
5 11 7.69%
 
4 9 6.29%
 
3 3 2.10%
 
2 0 0%
 
1 1 0.70%
 
Total:143
Dulfite said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

True. Am I the only one that expects a sequel to take under 4 years? BotW2 could have been out in 2019, similar to how Majora's Mask quickly followed up Ocarina of Time. BotW2 is taking so long to make that I won't be satisfied unless it massively builds on the first game. A simple paint by numbers sequel isn't going to cut it anymore.

It's Nintendo, which means two things:

1) They absolutely won't release a game until it hits their threshold for quality. Generally speaking this is great and is why their games are revered decades later.

2) They will intentionally hold back releasing games until they think it makes the most financial sense. There have been plenty of examples of this.

Botw 2 was just gonna be dlc, then they decided to make it a full game. Absolutely they could have (and possibly did) finished it a while ago, but I predict they intentionally kept it from releasing until this year to boost Pro sales.

If they are holding it back intentionally, then they are doing a masterful job of it.

Nintendo Boss: "Listen I know BotW2 is finished, but don't release any new footage. We gotta wait until Switch sells under 300,000 units a week for more than a few weeks. Until then just keep polishing it, and adding a couple things here and there."



Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Dulfite said:

It's Nintendo, which means two things:

1) They absolutely won't release a game until it hits their threshold for quality. Generally speaking this is great and is why their games are revered decades later.

2) They will intentionally hold back releasing games until they think it makes the most financial sense. There have been plenty of examples of this.

Botw 2 was just gonna be dlc, then they decided to make it a full game. Absolutely they could have (and possibly did) finished it a while ago, but I predict they intentionally kept it from releasing until this year to boost Pro sales.

If they are holding it back intentionally, then they are doing a masterful job of it.

Nintendo Boss: "Listen I know BotW2 is finished, but don't release any new footage. We gotta wait until Switch sells under 300,000 units a week for more than a few weeks. Until then just keep polishing it, and adding a couple things here and there."

Honestly, yes, I do believe, behind the scenes, they think like that. They focus on spending as little money and making as much profit more than anyone else in the gaming industry. They are also one of the best secret keeping gaming companies.



Dulfite said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

If they are holding it back intentionally, then they are doing a masterful job of it.

Nintendo Boss: "Listen I know BotW2 is finished, but don't release any new footage. We gotta wait until Switch sells under 300,000 units a week for more than a few weeks. Until then just keep polishing it, and adding a couple things here and there."

Honestly, yes, I do believe, behind the scenes, they think like that. They focus on spending as little money and making as much profit more than anyone else in the gaming industry. They are also one of the best secret keeping gaming companies.

That explains they're WONDERFUL decision to put an improvement in Skyward Sword behind an amiibo, and the fact that they've been drowning us in Mario.



Cerebralbore101 said:
Dulfite said:

It's Nintendo, which means two things:

1) They absolutely won't release a game until it hits their threshold for quality. Generally speaking this is great and is why their games are revered decades later.

2) They will intentionally hold back releasing games until they think it makes the most financial sense. There have been plenty of examples of this.

Botw 2 was just gonna be dlc, then they decided to make it a full game. Absolutely they could have (and possibly did) finished it a while ago, but I predict they intentionally kept it from releasing until this year to boost Pro sales.

If they are holding it back intentionally, then they are doing a masterful job of it.

Nintendo Boss: "Listen I know BotW2 is finished, but don't release any new footage. We gotta wait until Switch sells under 300,000 units a week for more than a few weeks. Until then just keep polishing it, and adding a couple things here and there."

Hey, the more polish the better.



CaptainExplosion said:
Dulfite said:

Honestly, yes, I do believe, behind the scenes, they think like that. They focus on spending as little money and making as much profit more than anyone else in the gaming industry. They are also one of the best secret keeping gaming companies.

That explains they're WONDERFUL decision to put an improvement in Skyward Sword behind an amiibo, and the fact that they've been drowning us in Mario.

It was his anniversary, drowning us in Mario was the whole idea. I just wished they'd do the same with Zelda and Metroid, but they probably won't.



Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Anyone know where there's a count down to the Direct?

Here: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/gaming?iso=20210615T16&p0=1440&msg=Nintendo+Direct+E3+2021+6.15.2021



I do feel like BOTW 2 will release in March 2022, alongside the Switch Pro. Would like for BOTW 2 to release this year, but I have my doubts. Kind of reminds me of how we were left in the dark about ACNH after the initial announcement and then we got a trailer at E3 2019 with the release date moved to March 2020. Of course the difference here is that we already saw BOTW 2 and have waited much longer for news.

If it is March, it would be cool if it is March 25, which is the 12th week of the year. ACNH & MH:R were released in the 12th week of the year, so it would be cool to see for comparison sake, especially if the Switch Pro is real and released on that day as well. Also, if Switch Pro is real and releases in 2022, that mean I highly doubt we would see it this month or this year at all.

As for other games, I do hope the 2D Metroid & DK rumors are real and I hope both games launch this holiday. I doubt we will see anything for MP4, but to hear it mentioned at E3 if we get a 2D Metroid would be nice (would then fully expect to see MP4 at next year's E3). I think we could see Monolith's soft next game and maybe even Bayo 3 (these seem like "one last thing" announcements) at this year's E3, though I don't expect either game to release this year.

Hoping for the next ACNH update to be a big one and I hope to see it announced at E3. Obviously expecting at least 1 Smash character. I do hope both are announced here and if there are more characters, I hope they tell us that here as well. Not expecting anything outside of an echo pass though (maybe they could tease the echo pass here and fully showcase those characters right after the last FP character is released).

If BOTW 2 doesn't release this year, I could see a WW/TP HD Collection releasing this holiday and being announced at E3.

We're due for a new Kirby game soon and though I have doubts it would release this holiday, especially if all the other stuff I mentioned happens, I could see it being announced this year. Maybe in addition to another spin-off that release this year.

Also, if BOTW 2 releases next March, that's technically still less than 5 years after BOTW (the sequel started as DLC, so I think it's safe to start the clock at Holiday 2017). Less than 5 years to make a sequel with a worldwide pandemic!



Kakadu18 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

That explains they're WONDERFUL decision to put an improvement in Skyward Sword behind an amiibo, and the fact that they've been drowning us in Mario.

It was his anniversary, drowning us in Mario was the whole idea. I just wished they'd do the same with Zelda and Metroid, but they probably won't.

That's what I'm getting at. They haven't done that for either Zelda or Metroid, and it especially hurts that they're not doing ANYTHING AT ALL for Donkey Kong, who made them a hit in arcades to begin with.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Anyone know where there's a count down to the Direct?

Here: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/gaming?iso=20210615T16&p0=1440&msg=Nintendo+Direct+E3+2021+6.15.2021

Thanks.



Given recent trends I feel like everyone is going to hate this direct haha. Calling it now.



Hiku said:
Mar1217 said:

Here's a familiar statement we had throughout all these discussions.

I sure do hope for their mental safety, they're right on this one. Otherwise, the internet will throw a magnificient tantrum at them.

Best to not lump the rumors about specific dates in with Bloomberg's report about it existing, that Eurogamer corroborated through their own sources.

The info about announcement and pre-order dates, price, etc is not coming from the same place, so their credibility (if any) should be viewed separately.

I know some might, but these last rumors were coming from elsewhere the Twitter verse so not seeing any backup support from said "official" sources was a flag in itself.

Still, they've got a week(or less) to be heard from cuz if the Pro is no show in the next few days ...  I fear some of them will be forced into hiding.

Torpoleon said:


We're due for a new Kirby game soon and though I have doubts it would release this holiday, especially if all the other stuff I mentioned happens, I could see it being announced this year. Maybe in addition to another spin-off that release this year.


They don't usually release both Mainline games and spin-offs in the same year.

Anywoo, mainline games have recently trended to release in the Spring period so I'm enthusiastic to think that we may be getting a new game this next spring, if we were to see a reveal this E3 ^^



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909