5 11 7.69%

4 9 6.29%

3 3 2.10%

2 0 0%

1 1 0.70%

Total:143
Mar1217 said:
Dulfite said:

I read midnight on the 4th is when pre-orders go live (according to a leak from a major retailer). Now, whether that means 12 am on the 3rd or 4th I don't know, either way it would be before their E3 presentation.

The fact that the presentation at E3 is only "roughly 40 minutes" long is a huge indicator to me that they will not be showing off hardware there, even if they didn't say it would be about software exclusively. I'm sure they'd spend at least 10-20 minutes covering details about the new hardware if they were planning on showing it at E3, probably closer to 30 minutes. I think it's safe to predict at this point, based on how many leaks have been happening from so many sources, that in about a day and a half we will know what the Switch Pro is. Now, we wait.

Here's a familiar statement we had throughout all these discussions.

I sure do hope for their mental safety, they're right on this one. Otherwise, the internet will throw a magnificient tantrum at them.

Best to not lump the rumors about specific dates in with Bloomberg's report about it existing, that Eurogamer corroborated through their own sources.

The info about announcement and pre-order dates, price, etc is not coming from the same place, so their credibility (if any) should be viewed separately.

Last edited by Hiku - on 04 June 2021

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

My prediction: BotW delayed to 2022. More Mario Golf footage. Poke'mon Legends footage, but a little bit cleaned up. Still looking like a Gamefreak project though. Bad animations etc. Poke'mon Diamond/Pearl remake footage. Maybe one new winter title from Nintendo. Lots of 3rd party filler that most hardcore gamers don't care about. I'm talking Ninjala or EA type filler. Disney games filler.

What I want: BotW 2 launches this Christmas! A new Donkey Kong and F-Zero game comes out this summer/fall. Coverage of 3rd party titles that deserve being in the showcase like SMTV, No More Heroes 3, etc. Surprise! We lied! Here's Switch Pro reveal!

Hard to delay a game that's never had a release window :P

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

cycycychris said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

My prediction: BotW delayed to 2022. More Mario Golf footage. Poke'mon Legends footage, but a little bit cleaned up. Still looking like a Gamefreak project though. Bad animations etc. Poke'mon Diamond/Pearl remake footage. Maybe one new winter title from Nintendo. Lots of 3rd party filler that most hardcore gamers don't care about. I'm talking Ninjala or EA type filler. Disney games filler.

What I want: BotW 2 launches this Christmas! A new Donkey Kong and F-Zero game comes out this summer/fall. Coverage of 3rd party titles that deserve being in the showcase like SMTV, No More Heroes 3, etc. Surprise! We lied! Here's Switch Pro reveal!

True. Am I the only one that expects a sequel to take under 4 years? BotW2 could have been out in 2019, similar to how Majora's Mask quickly followed up Ocarina of Time. BotW2 is taking so long to make that I won't be satisfied unless it massively builds on the first game. A simple paint by numbers sequel isn't going to cut it anymore.

Cerebralbore101 said:
cycycychris said:

True. Am I the only one that expects a sequel to take under 4 years? BotW2 could have been out in 2019, similar to how Majora's Mask quickly followed up Ocarina of Time. BotW2 is taking so long to make that I won't be satisfied unless it massively builds on the first game. A simple paint by numbers sequel isn't going to cut it anymore.

Games generally take longer to develop today than some generations ago. And Majora's Mask suffered notably from it's short development cycle. It was supposed to have 5 days instead of 3.
Covid obviously impacted things, but I don't think this is an unusually long time for a sequel to a game of this caliber.

Cerebralbore101 said:
cycycychris said:

I'm sure internally it was probably at some point planned for 2021 release. Considering most assets are already created I would not expect for it to take too long. But, I guess if it all depends on what the earthquake in the trailer meant. Whether Hyrule castle is being transported to another land or if the earthquake is just an excuse to change the layout of the existing map. Designing a new map layout will take time.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Apkopf said:

I was going to point out that Nintendo approached Criterion to see if they would be willing to develop an F-zero game for the Wii-u but they were too busy. But I wanted to do my due diligence first and check out the articles but then found this article speaking about how it was just an ""quite junior" Nintendo of Europe's pipe dream rather than anything official. ("https://www.nintendo-insider.com/new-f-zero-game-was-never-in-development-at-criterion-games/" with video linked)

So I guess the point still stands

Which point is that?

Ahh sorry if I wasn't clear enough I was going to write about how they did consider but since it wasn't anything real I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment of "It's like they want us to forget F-Zero even existed."

Apkopf said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Which point is that?

Ahh sorry if I wasn't clear enough I was going to write about how they did consider but since it wasn't anything real I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment of "It's like they want us to forget F-Zero even existed."

Nintendo's slowly becoming nothing but Mario the past few years. -_-

Hiku said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Games generally take longer to develop today than some generations ago. And Majora's Mask suffered notably from it's short development cycle. It was supposed to have 5 days instead of 3.
Covid obviously impacted things, but I don't think this is an unusually long time for a sequel to a game of this caliber.

Nintendo is working on hardware that is a few years behind PS4 and XB1 (both of which are over 7 years old now) in terms of power. Majora's Mask came out a year and a half after OoT. A 2.5 year development cycle for Majora's Mask likely would have given us 4 to 5 days. A winter 2020 launch date would have given BotW2 a 2.5 to 3.5 year dev cycle, depending on how much effort was put into BotW's DLC batches.

Nintendo seems to be taking forever with BotW2, and unlike most, I don't see that as a good sign. Remember when we had to wait 5 years for Skyward Sword, only for it to be regarded as one of the worst 3D Zeldas? All I want out of BotW2 is a quick and dirty sequel that uses all of the ideas that were left on the cutting room table for the first game. Just look at Super Mario Galaxy 2 for a perfect example of this.

But anyway, I just want three more quality games from Nintendo's 1st party this year. Mario Golf's speed golf mode looks awesome, and I might pick that up too. So as long as Mario Golf pans out, they just need two more great games IMO. And no, lame remakes of D/P made by a mobile developer don't do anything for me. If Nintendo walks away from E3 with nothing more than remakes/remasters/ports and Mario Golf as their 1st party lineup for the 2nd half of 2021, I'm going to be pissed. IMO Nintendo can deliver more than that. Considering that they are making money hand over fist, they should be able to deliver more than that. My fingers are crossed that their E3 Direct will be amazing.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 05 June 2021

Anyone know where there's a count down to the Direct?

Cerebralbore101 said:
cycycychris said:

It's Nintendo, which means two things:

1) They absolutely won't release a game until it hits their threshold for quality. Generally speaking this is great and is why their games are revered decades later.

2) They will intentionally hold back releasing games until they think it makes the most financial sense. There have been plenty of examples of this.

Botw 2 was just gonna be dlc, then they decided to make it a full game. Absolutely they could have (and possibly did) finished it a while ago, but I predict they intentionally kept it from releasing until this year to boost Pro sales.