4 9 6.29%

3 3 2.10%

2 0 0%

1 1 0.70%

Total:143

7, ok show, better than xbox.

GoTY 2022:

Around the Network

3/10 only liked Advance Wars as a surprise.

I'd give the Direct an 8/10. Is it a presentation full of AAA stuff? No. But were there a lot of things I liked? Yes.
- Metroid Dread
- Advance Wars 1+2 HD remasters
- Fatal Frame V port
- Mario Party Super Stars
- SMT V w/ a release date and gameplay
- Kazuya joining Smash (wanted Chun Li, but its cool we got another fighting game rep and its about time Namco Bandai got another rep besides Pac-Man)
- Cruisn Blast
- Wario Ware Get It Together!
- more info on BotW 2

A lot of stuff I am interested in. Sure, I would've liked to see that rumored DK game and maybe one more surprise. But in the end, I cannot complain too much.

archbrix said:
Lafiel said:

Great show by Nintendo, Shin Megami Tensei 5, MH Stories 2 (liked this gameplay trailer much more than the story trailers) and Mario Golf were my highlights. BotW2 ofcourse also looked great, but "aiming for 2022" just always sounds so "expect it 2023" to me.

Metroid Dread was quite the surprise, yet I'm not much of a 2D Metroidvania player and tbh Ori and Hollow Knight look more aesthetically pleasing to me.

Yeah, I don't know why I let myself get excited about the possibility of BOTW2 making it this year.  It's pretty much a prerequisite that Zelda games get delayed at least once.  Hopefully it is their big holiday title for next year, but again...

And I agree on Dread's aesthetics; I wish they were a bit different.  Still completely ecstatic over it though.

They never announced a release window until now. So, technically, there wasn't a delay. I guess if you want to play semantics, you can maybe consider that it was an internal delay. But who knows how the game was progressing internally, especially considering the pandemic affecting everyone in the industry.

7 or 8/10 for me.

I had a list of expectations for Nintendo this E3 and honestly, I'd say for the most part they basically fulfilled it, even if the specifics were somewhat different. At the same time, though, there were a couple of down parts this direct (limited Zelda news) and Microsoft had a strong presence as well, so there's also an argument for 7/10. But you know, my expectations were fulfilled, so ill be nice and say 8/10

Around the Network

Was watching with beatemups and damned he was devastated, not gonna rate it but wasn't that devasted, we had some some interesting announcements like metroid and SMT finally releasing and rather soon but no real new big announcement and so many games are still missing like bayonetta/MP4.

Botw 2 trailer felt lackluster compared to the Switch conference Botw trailer + releasedate.

7/10

Happy for Mario Party Superstars and the Doom Eternal DLC available today, great surprise to see Life Is Strange 1,2 and 3 coming to the Switch, as DBZ Kakarot (but this one should've been ported years ago), very funny to see Square Enix daring to make a Switch version of its next Marvel's Guardians of the Flops in order to have 2 more sales

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Norion said:

This was a really good direct! A new 2D Metroid that takes place after Fusion is lovely and other stuff like a new Warioware made this sweet. While there wasn't much competition this time Nintendo won E3 again this year and thankfully ended it on a high note just like last time.

I like that the new Metroid uses the name of an older Metroid that was apparently cancelled.

9/10

Was pretty hype, a lot of good looking software coming. BotW2 looked amazing, ready to learn more right now (like how it appears that Link was using powers without the Slate...)

Score got a slight bump up because the rest of E3 has been mostly a disaster.

Nintendo with the Switch:

scottslater said:

9/10

Was pretty hype, a lot of good looking software coming. BotW2 looked amazing, ready to learn more right now (like how it appears that Link was using powers without the Slate...)

Score got a slight bump up because the rest of E3 has been mostly a disaster.

I wonder if it has to do with the way his arm got "cursed" (or something like that)...