6 14 9.79%

5 11 7.69%

4 9 6.29%

3 3 2.10%

2 0 0%

1 1 0.70%

Total:143
Lafiel said:

Great show by Nintendo, Shin Megami Tensei 5, MH Stories 2 (liked this gameplay trailer much more than the story trailers) and Mario Golf were my highlights. BotW2 ofcourse also looked great, but "aiming for 2022" just always sounds so "expect it 2023" to me.

Metroid Dread was quite the surprise, yet I'm not much of a 2D Metroidvania player and tbh Ori and Hollow Knight look more aesthetically pleasing to me.

Yeah, I don't know why I let myself get excited about the possibility of BOTW2 making it this year.  It's pretty much a prerequisite that Zelda games get delayed at least once.  Hopefully it is their big holiday title for next year, but again...

And I agree on Dread's aesthetics; I wish they were a bit different.  Still completely ecstatic over it though.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
archbrix said:

Yeah, I don't know why I let myself get excited about the possibility of BOTW2 making it this year.  It's pretty much a prerequisite that Zelda games get delayed at least once.  Hopefully it is their big holiday title for next year, but again...

Given that it's never been given any official release period up until today, and today was just "2022", well...

Makes me sad that we have to settle for a Skyward Sword remaster and that Game and Watch for Zelda's 35th anniversary year.  Maybe they'll surprise us during a future Direct this year by at least porting over Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD.

Not gonna vote on the poll at the moment because I need more time for the Direct to digest before i give a number rating.
Let's just say I'm teetering between a 7 and an 8.
It's great that Switch is getting the Life Is Strange games that release this year. I'll just play them on my PS4, but still.
SMT V looks good, but don't know if I'll ever get to it. Persona 5 really needs to come to Switch.
Another third-party rep I don't care about for Smash. Here's hoping when we get the final newcomer announced in the future, the pass goes out with a bang.
Disappointed by no Animal Crossing news. It's one of Nintendo's best-selling games of all-time and I'm pretty sure they have some new content for it in development.
Kind of excited for Mario Party Superstars, Mario Party: The Top 100 was dead on arrival due to its lack of boards and online play. This looks good, but is lacking. Why only 5 N64 boards? Is Nintendo afraid to publish a Mario Party game that has 6-10 boards? It would be nice to have more than 5 of them and have the boards be from other consoles.
Very excited for WarioWare, but why wait this long to announce it if it's out in September? We could've gotten an announcement at least a few months ago.
I expected Breath of the Wild 2 to launch in 2022, given how we know so little about it. Nice to see more footage. But still no title? C'mon.
Would be nice to get a new Advance Wars, but glad that they're at least remaking two of them.
Happy for Metroid fans with the announcement and upcoming 2021 release of Metroid: Dread. But again, why did it take this long to announce and show the game.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

This was a really good direct! A new 2D Metroid that takes place after Fusion is lovely and other stuff like a new Warioware made this sweet. While there wasn't much competition this time Nintendo won E3 again this year and thankfully ended it on a high note just like last time.

Lackluster. Glad to finally have a release date for SMT V and the existence of Metroid Dread, no less. Other than that, I got excited that we will still get DOOM Eternal's DLC. Also, my heart plummeted when the announcer said there was going to be a celebration for a franchise's 20th anniversary, I immediately thought of Pikmin, didn't necessarily thought of 4 but I imagined a 1+2 collection would be more possible. It wasn't, it was Super Monkey Ball... That blew. Zelda looks cool, got reminded of Immortal Fenyx Rising for some reason, maybe it is Link's attire and the look of certain locations. It almost gave it away in the first trailer but now it's almost a total given that Zelda got abducted for the hundredth time, hopefully we get to at least rescue her midway through so perhaps she can act as a support NPC for the rest of the game. Furthermore, the fact that we still don't know the subtitle is bothersome.

On another note, I'm glad Advanced Wars re-emerged, but it's not my thing.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I totally lost my shit on the Advance Wars announcement.  My daughter loves Danganronpa, so she lost it on that announcement.  Those two announcements alone made the entire Direct for us.  Other thoughts:

Never played Tekken, so didn't care about Smash character
Glad they didn't spend much time on Mario+Rabbids, MH Stories 2, or GotG game, since I've seen those in other presentations

WarioWare games looks fun.  I'll probably get it.
On the fence about Mario Party.  I like the number of minigames, but I think a rerelease/compilation should have more than 5 boards.
I'm cautiously optimistic on this Metroid game.  I'll need to get more info and maybe see some reviews.

Age of Calamity DLC looks awesome.  Must buy.
The original LoZ is my favorite game of all time, and yet I could not care less about the damn Game and Watch thing.
Not sure what to think about BotW2.  It looks like they are making it more like Skyward Sword.  I've never played that game though.  Maybe I need to give it a try before just to see what I'm in for.  (Of course, that may be Nintendo's/Aonuma's plan in making this game more like Skyward Sword.)

Overall: 9/10
There were a couple things here that made me extremely excited and a few more than have me interested.  I can't really ask for too much more in a Direct.

Aonuma style in Zelda i´m out. Metroid Sakamoto with bad camera and full cinematics disrupting the gameplay flow i´m out. No 2d Dk, no AAA 2d Mario. No Monolith new project. No Silksong. Maybe Guardians, SMT V, and Advanced Wars.

5/10

7, ok show, better than xbox.

3/10 only liked Advance Wars as a surprise.

I'd give the Direct an 8/10. Is it a presentation full of AAA stuff? No. But were there a lot of things I liked? Yes.
- Metroid Dread
- Advance Wars 1+2 HD remasters
- Fatal Frame V port
- Mario Party Super Stars
- SMT V w/ a release date and gameplay
- Kazuya joining Smash (wanted Chun Li, but its cool we got another fighting game rep and its about time Namco Bandai got another rep besides Pac-Man)
- Cruisn Blast
- Wario Ware Get It Together!
- more info on BotW 2

A lot of stuff I am interested in. Sure, I would've liked to see that rumored DK game and maybe one more surprise. But in the end, I cannot complain too much.

archbrix said:
Lafiel said:

Great show by Nintendo, Shin Megami Tensei 5, MH Stories 2 (liked this gameplay trailer much more than the story trailers) and Mario Golf were my highlights. BotW2 ofcourse also looked great, but "aiming for 2022" just always sounds so "expect it 2023" to me.

Metroid Dread was quite the surprise, yet I'm not much of a 2D Metroidvania player and tbh Ori and Hollow Knight look more aesthetically pleasing to me.

And I agree on Dread's aesthetics; I wish they were a bit different.  Still completely ecstatic over it though.

They never announced a release window until now. So, technically, there wasn't a delay. I guess if you want to play semantics, you can maybe consider that it was an internal delay. But who knows how the game was progressing internally, especially considering the pandemic affecting everyone in the industry.