5 11 7.69%

4 9 6.29%

3 3 2.10%

2 0 0%

1 1 0.70%

Total:143
archbrix said:
Kakadu18 said:

Mario Party on Oktober 29th should be big. But lets be real, Pokèmon is their big holiday game.

Yeah, I forgot about that one since they didn't cover it here but I'm really hoping that the rumored DK game is their holiday game at this point.  It is the big ape's 40th anniversary after all.

They could still announce games in the next maybe September direct for this year. Considering there are two Oktober games and with SMTV and Pokèmon two November games, I don't expect much anymore. But who knows, December is still free.

Edit: December has Advance Wars, so I'm not expecting any more big games this year.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 15 June 2021

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
archbrix said:

Yeah, I forgot about that one since they didn't cover it here but I'm really hoping that the rumored DK game is their holiday game at this point.  It is the big ape's 40th anniversary after all.

They could still announce games in the next maybe September direct for this year. Considering there are two Oktober games and with SMTV and Pokèmon two November games, I don't expect much anymore. But who knows, December is still free.

Nintendo has been a bit unpredictable like that lately; show a game for the first time and have it release shortly after.  Being that DK is a huge franchise for them (or should be anyway) they may have a direct that features it entirely with a big blow-out to hype it for the holidays.  Personally, I hope it goes down like that but they do have a solid year nonetheless.

Solid but not great.

The only truly huge announcement was Metroid Dread. That is a monster of a reveal even if I'd like a bit more color.

Breath of the Wild 2 looks great. They are not resting on their laurels but really going all-out to create an experience that different and new from the first game. My biggest fear is assuaged.

Not a Tekken fan, but any excuse to go back to Smash.

Moneky ball remastered collection. I always loved Monkey Ball 2 but never owned it, so this is good for me.

Finally Advanced Wars is back! I'm a little disappointed it's just a remake of the first 2 games and not a new game, but hopefully this means a new game is finally coming. The art style is perfect for the series in 3d.

Bunch of good announcements like Life is Strange and Warioware. Mario Golf looks good. Shin Megami Tensai 5 finally has a release date, People love the n64 Mario Parties so bringing back those boards will probably make it the best Mario party in about 15 years, Fatal Frame I have in my backlog for the Wii U and I think I'd rather play it on the gamepad.

Lack of Bayonetta 3 is the biggest disappointment. That was announced 3 and a half years ago. Astral Chain has been out for nearly 2 years. It's long past time to show us something. Lack of Prime 4 (which had its famous complete restart), new Mario, or Monolithsoft isn't as big a deal. Also no Splatoon 3.

Looks like the Pokemon remakes are the big holiday games for Nintendo. It's Pokemon, so that makes sense. 2021 is shaping up to be better than 2021 and 2018, but a step below 2017 and 2019.

9/10.

Easily the best direct in years.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Watching the Treehouse stream, I forgot just how much fun and chaotic Mario Party used to be. Man, I can't wait to play this with my friends and cousins when it comes out!!!

Around the Network

Copied from the other thread* Nintendo's show was well paced and entertaining. 7/10 for an E3 conference.

Positive
- Overall a great 2021 line up
- SMTV looks surprisingly good!
- Typical Nintendo charm and wit

Dissapointments:
- Was dissapointed with the visuals/design and trailer for Metroid Dread.
-A bit too many ports/repeated trailers etc
-Was hoping for more meat from the the Zelda reveal

CaptainExplosion said:
Norion said:

This was a really good direct! A new 2D Metroid that takes place after Fusion is lovely and other stuff like a new Warioware made this sweet. While there wasn't much competition this time Nintendo won E3 again this year and thankfully ended it on a high note just like last time.

I like that the new Metroid uses the name of an older Metroid that was apparently cancelled.

I liked that too and Arlo went nuts when he saw the title. It was pretty much a perfect Metroid announcement and a contender for best announcement all E3.

8/10, was pretty good.

Metroid Dread made my day, new WarioWare and Advance Wars' return were also pretty cool. Kazuya is a good addition. Plus a lot of other neat announcements.

Loved how they pretty much filled out the rest of the year quite nicely with this showcase too, all their stuff being 2021 besides BotW2.

It was a neat show. Nearly 40 minutes with little to no fluff. Just focus on games.

-Kazuya is Smash - I don't care about this at all.

-Super Mario Party Superstars - Not my cup of tea.

-SMT V - A cool exclusive for Switch but I'll never play it.

-Fatal Frame - Wii U must not have any more exclusives they must all come to Switch.

-Advance Wars 1&2 Re-Boot Camp- Hell yeah super pumped for this and a nice surprise.

-Warioware Get it Together- Long overdue. Though I wish they showed off mini games that used Switch's unique control inputs.

-Metroid Dread - Neat. I will probably pick it up. Expected Prime 4 though.

-BOTW 2 - Not the information blowout I expected but the teaser looked nice. Could have at least given us a title.

-Zelda Game and Watch - I guess this and Skyward Sword HD constitute the 35th Anniversary celebration. They were never going to release SS HD and BOTW 2 in the same calendar year. A neat collectible but not my cup of tea.

7/10

Games I will get:

Warioware

Metroid Dread

Skyward Sword HD

Advance Wars

BOTWS 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

mZuzek said:
Norion said:

I liked that too and Arlo went nuts when he saw the title. It was pretty much a perfect Metroid announcement and a contender for best announcement all E3.

Ah yes, our good old user @Arlo.

Oh yeah he used to post here. I wonder if he's the most famous person who is a former user. He does reference data from here in his videos at times so maybe he still visits occasionally.