6 14 9.79%

5 11 7.69%

4 9 6.29%

3 3 2.10%

2 0 0%

1 1 0.70%

Total:143

7 or 8/10 for me.

I had a list of expectations for Nintendo this E3 and honestly, I'd say for the most part they basically fulfilled it, even if the specifics were somewhat different. At the same time, though, there were a couple of down parts this direct (limited Zelda news) and Microsoft had a strong presence as well, so there's also an argument for 7/10. But you know, my expectations were fulfilled, so ill be nice and say 8/10

Around the Network

Was watching with beatemups and damned he was devastated, not gonna rate it but wasn't that devasted, we had some some interesting announcements like metroid and SMT finally releasing and rather soon but no real new big announcement and so many games are still missing like bayonetta/MP4.

Botw 2 trailer felt lackluster compared to the Switch conference Botw trailer + releasedate.

7/10

Happy for Mario Party Superstars and the Doom Eternal DLC available today, great surprise to see Life Is Strange 1,2 and 3 coming to the Switch, as DBZ Kakarot (but this one should've been ported years ago), very funny to see Square Enix daring to make a Switch version of its next Marvel's Guardians of the Flops in order to have 2 more sales

9/10

Was pretty hype, a lot of good looking software coming. BotW2 looked amazing, ready to learn more right now (like how it appears that Link was using powers without the Slate...)

Score got a slight bump up because the rest of E3 has been mostly a disaster.

Nintendo with the Switch:

scottslater said:

9/10

Was pretty hype, a lot of good looking software coming. BotW2 looked amazing, ready to learn more right now (like how it appears that Link was using powers without the Slate...)

Score got a slight bump up because the rest of E3 has been mostly a disaster.

I wonder if it has to do with the way his arm got "cursed" (or something like that)...

Around the Network

Woah that was awesome! Gave it a 9 in the poll.

BotW2 unfortunately 2022 but good to have a release window finally and see more footage.
2D Metroid...awesome! Though I'll wait until it's on sale for like $30.
Advance Wars...a seemingly abandoned series I've wanted to try out so very cool they're remaking them for Switch!
Plus Mario Party and a bunch of other interesting announcements.
And of course Mario + Rabbids which got announced earlier at E3.

Overall it's clear Nintendo has a stellar first party lineup for the next 12-18 months!

Was hoping to see the rumored 2D DK game. Also a Zelda WW/TP collection but if that's happening I suppose it makes sense to announce it after Skyward Sword has had its initial sales. And of course the new model wasn't shown. Has me starting to think that Nintendo miiiight push the new model back to next year. This year Switch sales are if anything probably going to be even better than last year's insane sales, so from a business perspective it makes much more sense to wait until a year in which sales look to start coming off this ~30million/year peak. Maybe launch new model alongside BotW2 next spring?? Or maybe they're still launching new model this year but just waiting until it's real close to the launch date to announce it so sales of the other models don't dip beforehand.

archbrix said:

If you had told me in advance that we'd get no new DK, no Pikmin 4, no Bayonetta 3 or NMH3, nothing new on Prime 4 and BOTW2 isn't arriving until next year, I'd cry fail. But the reality is that BOTW2 looks awesome, new WW, Advance Wars 1&2, and, uh, Metroid Dread just made my day. Crus'n looks fun, SMT5 looks intriguing and many of the things I'm not even particularly interested in looked pretty good. And except for Zelda it's all coming this year. Great direct and (presumably) they haven't even shown their big holiday game yet.

Mario Party on Oktober 29th should be big. But lets be real, Pokèmon is their big holiday game.

10/10

BOTW2 - Speaks for itself tbh.

Metroid - Looks to merge the modern 2d with elements of Fusion which imo is on par with Super.

SMTV - Looking like Nocturne (an already great game) if it ascended.

Smash - Long overdue Tekken rep.

Advance Wars - Welcomed return.

Project Zero - Was overlooked but not only given a second chance it highlights the series is still on the agenda going forward.

Wario Ware - Also long overdue.

Great variety of supporting software. 

Kai_Mao said:
archbrix said:

Yeah, I don't know why I let myself get excited about the possibility of BOTW2 making it this year.  It's pretty much a prerequisite that Zelda games get delayed at least once.  Hopefully it is their big holiday title for next year, but again...

And I agree on Dread's aesthetics; I wish they were a bit different.  Still completely ecstatic over it though.

They never announced a release window until now. So, technically, there wasn't a delay. I guess if you want to play semantics, you can maybe consider that it was an internal delay. But who knows how the game was progressing internally, especially considering the pandemic affecting everyone in the industry.

No they never did, but that's the point I was making; now that we have an official release window, it could suffer the inevitable delay from there that makes it even later.  But I'll keep hope alive that it makes it by next holiday.

Kakadu18 said:
archbrix said:

If you had told me in advance that we'd get no new DK, no Pikmin 4, no Bayonetta 3 or NMH3, nothing new on Prime 4 and BOTW2 isn't arriving until next year, I'd cry fail. But the reality is that BOTW2 looks awesome, new WW, Advance Wars 1&2, and, uh, Metroid Dread just made my day. Crus'n looks fun, SMT5 looks intriguing and many of the things I'm not even particularly interested in looked pretty good. And except for Zelda it's all coming this year. Great direct and (presumably) they haven't even shown their big holiday game yet.

Mario Party on Oktober 29th should be big. But lets be real, Pokèmon is their big holiday game.

Yeah, I forgot about that one since they didn't cover it here but I'm really hoping that the rumored DK game is their holiday game at this point.  It is the big ape's 40th anniversary after all.