By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate the Nintendo Direct E3 2021

 

Rate the Direct 2021

10 9 6.29%
 
9 27 18.88%
 
8 42 29.37%
 
7 27 18.88%
 
6 14 9.79%
 
5 11 7.69%
 
4 9 6.29%
 
3 3 2.10%
 
2 0 0%
 
1 1 0.70%
 
Total:143
kenjab said:

I don't think you understand how the Switch Pro would be able to accomplish 4K resolution. This isn't a "pure" 4K like the PS5 or Series X does. It would use DLSS, which is essentially a high-tech upres solution, and would only effect the Switch in docked mode. It would take the current Switch games in 1080p, and display it in up to 4K through DLSS.

In handheld, it will still only be up to 720p, so it won't be much more capable than the current Switch and Switch Lite. This is why I don't think there will be any games that will be compatible only with the Switch Pro.

Interesting, I didn't realize that 4K would only apply to the docked mode.  Yeah, that is pretty exciting.  Hopefully the rumors are true.



Around the Network

I hope we get some great new games and more BotW 2 stuff. Donkey Kong would be great. I also hope that we do get a new 2D Metroid.



Give me Metroid Prime 4 or riot.



FromDK said:

Nintendo can still announce 2 more directs before or very close after.
1 "focused on New Hardware"
2 "Focused on new OS and Nintendo online"
A man can dream :)

The OS is fine, just give me a messaging system for the love of God!



Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
FromDK said:

Nintendo can still announce 2 more directs before or very close after.
1 "focused on New Hardware"
2 "Focused on new OS and Nintendo online"
A man can dream :)

The OS is fine, just give me a messaging system for the love of God!

As long as it connects with your phone like their online app, because typing on the actual Switch touchscreen takes way too long and most people don't want to have to deal with a wireless keyboard exclusively for their Switch. Actually, though, the best solution (in my mind) would be built in high quality voice capture software that can print extremely accurate text (including smart features that can figure out grammar, end of sentences, etc). Then you wouldn't even need your phone.



Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Very annoyed that this is on a Tuesday. I get that they want to do it on a weekday where the media will have more people actually working, but it means I'll be working, and I'll have to dodge any news for about 7 hours till I can watch it.

I think it's moreso because their own workers (aka Treehouse staff at NoA) will also be working. It sucks for those of us who won't be able to watch it live, but at the same time I appreciate that they aren't forcing people to work on the weekend just for some E3 events.



My prediction: BotW delayed to 2022. More Mario Golf footage. Poke'mon Legends footage, but a little bit cleaned up. Still looking like a Gamefreak project though. Bad animations etc. Poke'mon Diamond/Pearl remake footage. Maybe one new winter title from Nintendo. Lots of 3rd party filler that most hardcore gamers don't care about. I'm talking Ninjala or EA type filler. Disney games filler.

What I want: BotW 2 launches this Christmas! A new Donkey Kong and F-Zero game comes out this summer/fall. Coverage of 3rd party titles that deserve being in the showcase like SMTV, No More Heroes 3, etc. Surprise! We lied! Here's Switch Pro reveal!



Zero_Revolution said:
JWeinCom said:

Very annoyed that this is on a Tuesday. I get that they want to do it on a weekday where the media will have more people actually working, but it means I'll be working, and I'll have to dodge any news for about 7 hours till I can watch it.

I think it's moreso because their own workers (aka Treehouse staff at NoA) will also be working. It sucks for those of us who won't be able to watch it live, but at the same time I appreciate that they aren't forcing people to work on the weekend just for some E3 events.

At the same time, Nintendo’s E3 Direct is always the one closing the conference on Tuesday before the show floor opening. Microsoft and Sony are always on the Monday. 
So nothing different for this Direct.



Dulfite said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Nintendo will most likely be showing us anything that's not related to Donkey Kong or F-Zero. It's like they want us to forget F-Zero even existed.

Didn't they basically say a while back, in their view, that they've done everything they could with the series so what's the point of making more?

I was going to point out that Nintendo approached Criterion to see if they would be willing to develop an F-zero game for the Wii-u but they were too busy. But I wanted to do my due diligence first and check out the articles but then found this article speaking about how it was just an ""quite junior" Nintendo of Europe's pipe dream rather than anything official. ("https://www.nintendo-insider.com/new-f-zero-game-was-never-in-development-at-criterion-games/" with video linked)

So I guess the point still stands



Apkopf said:
Dulfite said:

Didn't they basically say a while back, in their view, that they've done everything they could with the series so what's the point of making more?

I was going to point out that Nintendo approached Criterion to see if they would be willing to develop an F-zero game for the Wii-u but they were too busy. But I wanted to do my due diligence first and check out the articles but then found this article speaking about how it was just an ""quite junior" Nintendo of Europe's pipe dream rather than anything official. ("https://www.nintendo-insider.com/new-f-zero-game-was-never-in-development-at-criterion-games/" with video linked)

So I guess the point still stands

Which point is that?