No.

Switch 2

Botw Pro

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
Illusion said:

As soon as they announce a 4K Switch with DLSS, the sales of the original Switch are going to tank (probably for the rest of the year). 

No, as soon as they announce a 4K Switch DLSS at 399$, the sales of the original Switch will remain the same.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

That's the rumor. Supposedly they'll be announcing it before E3, specifically to allow E3 to focus on software.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Mar1217 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Exclusively on Switch software. So no Switch Pro at E3? Will it be revealed before that?

Oh no ....

"I can't believe these alledged "leaks" might have been false to begin with !"

Is what I'd say if I wasn't cautious about it

The leaks say it is being announced before E3, not during or after it, so they haven't been disproven yet.

SKMBlake said:
Illusion said:

As soon as they announce a 4K Switch with DLSS, the sales of the original Switch are going to tank (probably for the rest of the year). 

No, as soon as they announce a 4K Switch DLSS at 399$, the sales of the original Switch will remain the same.

At this point all the hardcore people have basically already bought a Switch (over 80 million sold). The vast majority of the remaining 30-50 million buyers are either repeat buyers (malfunctioning hardware so buying another one, made a silly decision to sell Switch and want to buy one again, want multiple Switch's for convenience/family) or casuals that take a long time to come around. Casuals don't care about Pro models, so they either won't wait to buy a Switch or, when the Pro comes out, they will probably just be like "cool, I guess I'll get that one" and not think about it too much.

If Nintendo announced a Pro model around the time they came out with Lite then this would be a problem. But we are now 4+ years into the life of the system. This can only help them propel Switch sales.

Last edited by Dulfite - on 02 June 2021

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Mar1217 said:

Oh no ....

"I can't believe these alledged "leaks" might have been false to begin with !"

Is what I'd say if I wasn't cautious about it

The leaks say it is being announced before E3, not during or after it, so they haven't been disproven yet.

And now, some of them just announced Friday the 4th as the announcement day ...

I really can't approve of this piggy-backing for so long.

But yeah, if nothing happens tomorrow, we'll have to see if anything magically happens next week. 

I doubt it strongly however,personally I don't think Nintendo has any guts to announce a new hardware revision litteraly one week before E3

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
Dulfite said:

And now, some of them just announced Friday the 4th as the announcement day ...

I really can't approve of this piggy-backing for so long.

But yeah, if nothing happens tomorrow, we'll have to see if anything magically happens next week. 

I doubt it strongly however,personally I don't think Nintendo has any guts to announce a new hardware revision litteraly one week before E3

I read midnight on the 4th is when pre-orders go live (according to a leak from a major retailer). Now, whether that means 12 am on the 3rd or 4th I don't know, either way it would be before their E3 presentation.

The fact that the presentation at E3 is only "roughly 40 minutes" long is a huge indicator to me that they will not be showing off hardware there, even if they didn't say it would be about software exclusively. I'm sure they'd spend at least 10-20 minutes covering details about the new hardware if they were planning on showing it at E3, probably closer to 30 minutes. I think it's safe to predict at this point, based on how many leaks have been happening from so many sources, that in about a day and a half we will know what the Switch Pro is. Now, we wait.

All I want is Zeruda BotW2 footage! Everything ells is just icing on the cake

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Looking forward to seeing Botw2 running at 4k60fps.

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

Dulfite said:
SKMBlake said:

At this point all the hardcore people have basically already bought a Switch (over 80 million sold). The vast majority of the remaining 30-50 million buyers are either repeat buyers (malfunctioning hardware so buying another one, made a silly decision to sell Switch and want to buy one again, want multiple Switch's for convenience/family) or casuals that take a long time to come around. Casuals don't care about Pro models, so they want wait to buy a Switch before now and when the Pro comes out, and when the Pro comes out they will probably just be like "cool, I guess I'll get that one" and not think about it too much.

If Nintendo announced a Pro model around the time they came out with Lite then this would be a problem. But we are now 4+ years into the life of the system. This can only help them propel Switch sales.

There may be some truth here, but the 4K Switch Pro won't be like the New 3DS which is a bit faster but where most of the new software is still compatible with the original 3DS, this is going to be close to a 2 generation leap in graphics.  I don't see how the original Switch is going to be getting much (if any) of the software that is being developed for the successor as you will basically need to create 2 separate games.  I don't see how even semi-casual gamers will be as likely to want to buy a handheld that may not be getting new games in 2022 other than maybe a sympathy port of BotW2 like the way that the Wii U got BotW.

I am not saying I want to see the OG Switch get phased out.  In fact, I think that it is quite likely that Nintendo may not reveal new hardware at all at this point like people are expecting.  Nintendo may let the original Switch run its course and once sales start to dip below 300k per week, reveal the new model.  Keep in mind that this may not happen this year.