By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloomberg's report: Nintendo Switch 'Pro' Reveal Expected Before E3

Jumpin said:
Otter said:

Yeah, I mean more relative to what would be required for a generational leap for in-game performance and graphics. I could be mistaken but the jump in ram was mostly for OS operations or? In any case the new 3DS still struggled with a wii port and wasn't about to trick anyone into thinking it was a generation apart from the base 3DS.

New 3DS was a handheld, not a home console; so handling a Wii port is actually quite an accomplishment. And not just any game either, Xenoblade chronicles was the most impressive game on the Wii. The original 3DS was incapable of it.

Hmmm...the new 3DS was a handheld released late 2014 and mobile hardware had grown leaps and bounds beyond Wii which was already hugely outdated in 2006, and more closely resembled a 2001 Gamecube than anything else. Managing a downgraded wii port on a handheld in 2014 was not much of an accomplishment imo.

But the point is not to poop on the new 3DS. The OG 3DS was clearly geared as a PS2 tier system. The new 3DS just better realised this vision but not much more than that. As permalite said it's clearly of the same generation and marketed so. I was just saying this is what I meant when I said the improvement was small/incremental 

Around the Network

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Pepsi Man finally got a rival in the Video Game industry

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

nothing

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Hahaha very good one, in the end all those "journalists", "insiders" and "leakers" fumbled and failed again in their predictions. Or maybe they confused the Switch Pro with this goodie:

Around the Network
Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 29 June 2021

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Eh, That's rather cryptic. Any context?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Ada Lovelace 7nm? Linda Lovelace 7 inches ?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Takashi Mochizuki has been at it for years.

With perseverance anything is possible, the pro will come!

A broken clock is right twice a day

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Otter said:
Jumpin said:

New 3DS was a handheld, not a home console; so handling a Wii port is actually quite an accomplishment. And not just any game either, Xenoblade chronicles was the most impressive game on the Wii. The original 3DS was incapable of it.

Hmmm...the new 3DS was a handheld released late 2014 and mobile hardware had grown leaps and bounds beyond Wii which was already hugely outdated in 2006, and more closely resembled a 2001 Gamecube than anything else. Managing a downgraded wii port on a handheld in 2014 was not much of an accomplishment imo.

But the point is not to poop on the new 3DS. The OG 3DS was clearly geared as a PS2 tier system. The new 3DS just better realised this vision but not much more than that. As permalite said it's clearly of the same generation and marketed so. I was just saying this is what I meant when I said the improvement was small/incremental 

It is an accomplishment. But you're ignoring the point: New 3DS was a handheld, not a home console - and it was playing the most impressive game on the Wii, sot some random 2001 game. Wii and Gamecube were Home Consoles.

In 2001, the most advanced handheld graphics didn't look like anything close to Gamecube, leave alone Wii. They looked like this:

Last edited by Jumpin - on 28 June 2021

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.