By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloomberg's report: Nintendo Switch 'Pro' Reveal Expected Before E3

the main question is will they ditch traditional generations in favor of an iphone model of upgrading (but slower)- which will probably work if they stick to nvidia made ARM for thier chips. meaning new exclusive games for it would slowly start rolling out for it around 2 years from now (and most games in between would likely have a boost clock).
this would have an advantage that lower spec games could continue to run on the base switch hardware 5, 10, even 15 years from now if they keep this going.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Paatar said:

It doesn't "mean nothing"

It doesn't "doesn't mean nothing"

What? 

And so, it wasn't announced today, but we're getting closer to that 60 fps DOOM Eternal on Swith-goodness. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

So the rumor about the listing/pre-orders being opened midnight 6/4, was that supposed to be midnight last night (11:59 pm on 6/3) or might tonight? Just seeing if this leak has been disproven yet or not.

Dulfite said:

So the rumor about the listing/pre-orders being opened midnight 6/4, was that supposed to be midnight last night (11:59 pm on 6/3) or might tonight? Just seeing if this leak has been disproven yet or not.

I don't know.  All I can say is that I'm hyped for this announcement, so I hope it actually comes.  What if we get through all of E3 and never get any announcement about new hardware?  Uhg....

New models phasing out old models is nothing new for Nintendo, so if that ends up happening it shouldn't be a surprise. Phasing out doesn't mean immediately replacing. It could be something like Premium model comes out in a few months at $350, the upgrades and only $50 more makes it a more attractive alternative to the original so it steals a bunch of the original sales, then after a year Nintendo discontinues the original and drops it to $250 to sell what's on the shelf and drops the premium model to $300, thus completing the phase out.

If it releases at $400 it would just be a longer phase out. Maybe spend a year at current price levels, reaching different customers so not really competing all that directly, then in 2022 premium model drops to $350 and in 2023 original discontinued and premium is set at $300.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Can’t say I’m surprised no pre-orders opened yesterday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kopite7kimi/status/1403200552473829377

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 14 June 2021

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kopite7kimi/status/1403200552473829377?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1403200552473829377%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

That doesn't make sense. Nintendo specifically didn't use a customized chip set like they used to so that it's easier to develop for.

Unless I missunderstood something.

Kakadu18 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kopite7kimi/status/1403200552473829377?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1403200552473829377%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

That doesn't make sense. Nintendo specifically didn't use a customized chip set like they used to so that it's easier to develop for.

Unless I missunderstood something.

A customized chip doesn't make it harder to develop for. In fact customisation can make it more fit for whatever specific gaming purposes it'll be used, if I'm not mistaken Nvidia's recent tegra chips are designed with automobiles in mind primarily. Off the shelf parts can be cheaper though, I think Nintendo will find the usual balance between cheapness and power efficiency (i.e battery life) 

As I said before, completely new arch.