By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloomberg's report: Nintendo Switch 'Pro' Reveal Expected Before E3

Otter said:

Its sounds like Nintendo is ditching traditional console generations

Only if they can figure out how to not cut off previous purchasers from games coming out on Pro models.

Around the Network

cool!! miss the times when E3 live events were actually a thing :S

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

If the pro comes out. how will that impact future releases for the existing console? Will developers even make games for that system? Is this a true upgrade or just a system that can output 4K using DLSS tricks meaning games for the original console will still come out?

Hopefully it makes sense when they announce it. I personally would have waited a couple years to have a true successor that blows out the original switch out of the water.

Otter said:

Its sounds like Nintendo is ditching traditional console generations

Way too soon to say that. The Switch is over 4 years old now. We can't make that determination until this revision releases.

I am going to be so disappointed in Nintendo if they use the words 'Pro' or 'New' with this new hardware. Now watch it be named 'New Nintendo Switch Pro'.

Around the Network

https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B0962N2JZW/

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Captain_Yuri said:

Means nothing, but I have a feeling they could finally unveil it tomorrow (it's still 27th here). 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Means nothing, but I have a feeling they could finally unveil it tomorrow (it's still 27th here). 

It doesn't "mean nothing"

Amazon Mexico has leaked a fair amount of info. The main thing I can recall is this day before listing thing happened with the Switch version of Spyro Trilogy. I wouldn't use it as evidence we will get an announcement tomorrow specifically--but it's certainly not nothing. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Cobretti2 said:

If the pro comes out. how will that impact future releases for the existing console? Will developers even make games for that system? Is this a true upgrade or just a system that can output 4K using DLSS tricks meaning games for the original console will still come out?

Hopefully it makes sense when they announce it. I personally would have waited a couple years to have a true successor that blows out the original switch out of the water.

I don't think any studio will abandon the base Switch, it's reaching the 90m units sold as we speak. Too big to not release. But they will advertise the hell out of "Switch Pro upgraded"  versions.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Paatar said:
Metallox said:

Means nothing

It doesn't "mean nothing"

It doesn't "doesn't mean nothing"

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me