By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bloomberg's report: Nintendo Switch 'Pro' Reveal Expected Before E3

Hm, kind of curious what happened here? Felt like a week ago everyone was leaking the Switch pro and retailers were listing it on their websites before removing it. I wonder if Nintendo just changed the date of when they're going to reveal it or something?

Around the Network

I'm kinda glad this rumor turned out to be false : P

now it's a question of whether we see the new hardware in the E3 conference or later in the summer

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

My personal view is that Nintendo will not reveal new hardware while their current platform is selling anywhere near 400k per week. There is really no precedent for Nintendo replacing an actively successful platform except for maybe when they replaced the GBA with the DS back when they were panicking about Sony entering the handheld market and giving Nintendo the PS2 treatment again.  The Switch Pro is not going to just be a form-factor refresh like the New 3ds or the DSi, it's is potentially a major change in hardware meaning that is going to look more like a new generation from Nintendo's point of view.

I would be glad to be wrong about this because I think that it would be a good business move for Nintendo to go release a 4K Switch Pro in the middle of the hype for the Switch, but when has this company ever done business this way? My prediction is that we will get an announcement on a Switch pro model once the PS5 starts consistently outselling the Switch on a weekly basis.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kopite7kimi/status/1403200552473829377?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1403200552473829377%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

If true, that's a pretty big jump from cuda cores alone.

Switch has 256 Maxwell based cuda cores

The picture shows 2048 Ampere based cuda cores

Not to mention Maxwell was based on TSMC 28nm vs Ampere is based on Samsung 8nm.

And I am assuming that's a 12 core cpu. We will see what customization Nintendo will take out of it but Jesus, that's would be one huge leap in performance!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

there is still time guys! Hold on to your balls!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 11 June 2021

This will have exclusive games. We will see if this turns out to be fake.

The only reason this rumor was spread was to kill the 400k momentum Switch was having, it was a media campaign to do it you will see the effect of all this misinformation in the next weeks in the charts, bad press false rumors all this was an attack to Nintendo orchestrated by a rival company.

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:

The only reason this rumor was spread was to kill the 400k momentum Switch was having, it was a media campaign to do it you will see the effect of all this misinformation in the next weeks in the charts, bad press false rumors all this was an attack to Nintendo orchestrated by a rival company.

Couldnt it just be click bait for some site? I highly doubt Sony or MS would bother doing this.

Teriol said:

could be, wouldn't Nintendo come out and say that a Switch upgrade is not happening though?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^