By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Front Page Charts

Liking the design, it fits the more modern overall look and style of the site that you've all rolled out in the past couple of years. Great work!

Around the Network
Norion said:

It feels weird since I'm used to the bars going vertically but I'll get used to that soon enough. It's a nice update that improves the front page experience for sure so good work though perhaps an option to display the bars vertically for those who prefer could be a good addition but that's a minor thing.

The problem with vertical bars is that we have a limited width to display the charts (275 pixels) so with options like "Nintendo consoles" we'd run out of space (or be forced to shrink every column). That's why I went with horizontal bars since we can take as much vertical space as we need.

Signature goes here!

Machina said:

I have this as well by the way, also on Mac, so it seems like a Safari thing. I think it just sets them all in the same place. Haven't tried removing cookies/cache and whatever because I'm too lazy to try things though.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 04 May 2021

I had a somewhat different issue on my MacBook. It was showing the old icons in place of the new ones, but in the correct placements. I use Edge Chromium on macOS, so I deleted my website cache and it seemed to have fixed the issue. I haven't tried it through Safari yet though.

God I hate Safari so much!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Excellent work! Great job! You included options for every taste!

Great job!

Wow this is much improved. Fantastic job. Also I was shocked to learn by looking at all these charts in the top left that the Xbox One outsold the SNES. Shows how much gaming has grown. The Xbox beat the SNES wow... I thought the SNES was way more popular than it was, I guess the sales were really limited to Japan and the U.S. and not the entire world like now.

S.Peelman said:

Machina said:

I have this as well by the way, also on Mac, so it seems like a Safari thing. I think it just sets them all in the same place. Haven't tried removing cookies/cache and whatever because I'm too easy to try things though.

Yeah, definitely Safari thing. Have the same issue on Mac and iPhone as well. In Edge on Mac it works correctly

This is awesome and great work! I wasn't expecting this but it makes sense since most people come to this site just for the chart.