By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Front Page Charts

I get to make a pretty cool announcement today. Thanks to @TruckOSaurus we've got new front page hardware charts!

It's the final piece of the front page puzzle and means that the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series are finally displayed in the charts! Of course the Switch's huge head-start makes the percentages a bit amusing at present, but it'll be interesting to watch them change over time.

Update 1.

Initial Post:

Here's what you should be seeing at the top left of the front page (colours will vary slightly, depending on the site theme you use - I use the blue one):

There are also a bunch of new charts, including platform history charts for Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony. These are all viewable using the drop-down menu underneath the charts:

We've changed the labels slightly, removing the word 'gen', and dividing modern platforms into Legacy and Current. This has allowed us to continue to display market shares (which is a pretty interesting stat to follow, so I didn't want it removed). For Switch you can view its market share in relation to PS5 & XS, or in relation to PS4 & XO - whichever you prefer:

The WiiU was a figment of your imagination.

I should also say the platform labels are currently placeholders - we're hoping to replace them with nicer images at some point. @Raven is currently helping out with that.

Finally, once again a big thank you to Trucks. We wouldn't have been able to have these new charts without him doing this in his spare time.

Last edited by Machina - on 04 May 2021

Around the Network

Cool! Thanks to the whole team

Trucks has done a great in getting the final piece of the front update done. It is far more than we asked him to do and looks great. We are working on updating the platform logos, so they look nicer. But we wanted to push this live for everyone to see. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Nice job but why are the names so pixelated instead of being nice and sharp?

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Captain_Yuri said:

We are working on some new platform logos. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Ah alright, cool.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Captain_Yuri said:
trunkswd said:

Ah alright, cool.

We just wanted to push this live for everyone since it is essentially done, minus the logos. 

Looks good. Thanks guys.

Machina said:
The WiiU was a figment of your imagination.

I was just going to say, shouldn’t WiiU be in ‘legacy’ instead of Switch.

Anyway, pretty neat and handy new feature. Thanks.

trunkswd said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Ah alright, cool.

We just wanted to push this live for everyone since it is essentially done, minus the logos. 

I should add I unintentionally made them look slightly worse in this thread, because my screen is zoomed in 110% for regular browsing and I forgot to zoom back out again before taking the screengrabs!