By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Front Page Charts

Vita also seems to have gotten a bump from 15.9m to 16.2m.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

These are awesome. 3DS and Vita were starting to overstay their welcome on the main chart. And I really wanted PS5 and Xbox Series on there. The drop-down options are cool, and well-organized.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

It feels weird since I'm used to the bars going vertically but I'll get used to that soon enough. It's a nice update that improves the front page experience for sure so good work though perhaps an option to display the bars vertically for those who prefer could be a good addition but that's a minor thing.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks so much for your hard work, much appreciated!

I have a question; some of the numbers seem to have changed, such as Switch moved up to 84.0 million, and Wii U moved up to 14.0 million which is actually more than it's lifetime shipped total, was this intentional or did something get accidentally changed in the transition?

That is strange. Thanks for pointing it out. I am looking at our figures and they are the same as before. So not sure why they were rounded up in the new graphs. 

The graphs are drawing from the platform totals page (which is expected), but are rounding to the nearest xx.x, rather than xx.xx. Not sure if @TruckOSaurus can change that and (ideally) make that page editable by Sales Team staff so that we can manually correct some of the legacy platform totals.

super_etecoon said:

I hate quoting on mobile...so, regarding what phone I’m using...iphoneSE, I think. I just got it last year and it’s red. But I didn’t get the brand new models or anything.

It’s not just showing the XBox logo. And I checked it on multiple browsers on my phone as well.

I don't browse on VGC using my phone but I checked the front page to see if this happens on my phone too, and it does (iphone 6s. 14.4.2 software version). Here's a screengrab:

Looks the same in Chrome and Safari too.

Liking the design, it fits the more modern overall look and style of the site that you've all rolled out in the past couple of years. Great work!

Around the Network
Norion said:

It feels weird since I'm used to the bars going vertically but I'll get used to that soon enough. It's a nice update that improves the front page experience for sure so good work though perhaps an option to display the bars vertically for those who prefer could be a good addition but that's a minor thing.

The problem with vertical bars is that we have a limited width to display the charts (275 pixels) so with options like "Nintendo consoles" we'd run out of space (or be forced to shrink every column). That's why I went with horizontal bars since we can take as much vertical space as we need.

Signature goes here!

Machina said:

I have this as well by the way, also on Mac, so it seems like a Safari thing. I think it just sets them all in the same place. Haven't tried removing cookies/cache and whatever because I'm too lazy to try things though.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 04 May 2021

I had a somewhat different issue on my MacBook. It was showing the old icons in place of the new ones, but in the correct placements. I use Edge Chromium on macOS, so I deleted my website cache and it seemed to have fixed the issue. I haven't tried it through Safari yet though.

God I hate Safari so much!

Signature goes here!

Excellent work! Great job! You included options for every taste!