By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Front Page Charts

Thanks for removing "gen" term, makes no sense anymore, Great Job TruckOSaurus!

Around the Network

Very well done, a really nice addition.

So well organized, great job!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Looks cool! I do think Wii U should be in place of Switch when comparing to PS4 & Xbox One though, even though Switch put up more of a fight and was released halfway into PS4 & Xbox One's life. I actually kind of consider Switch to be 9th gen, even it launched over 3 years before PS5 & XS.

Torpoleon said:

Looks cool! I do think Wii U should be in place of Switch when comparing to PS4 & Xbox One though, even though Switch put up more of a fight and was released halfway into PS4 & Xbox One's life. I actually kind of consider Switch to be 9th gen, even it launched over 3 years before PS5 & XS.

We are thinking of adding graphs for the different generations as well to the drop-down. At least with generations, we have sales numbers for. So sadly no generation 1 or 2. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

There's something about this that initially at least felt even more console-warish than the old graphs. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's just because of a change in perspective being of course new and fresh, or maybe it's because this pits a console which is at the peak of it's popularity against the PS5 and Series X, which is quite amusing to look at.

Regardless, it's a good change

trunkswd said:
Torpoleon said:

We are thinking of adding graphs for the different generations as well to the drop-down. At least with generations, we have sales numbers for. So sadly no generation 1 or 2. 

@trunkswd That would be cool to see! What generation would Switch be part up for the drop-down?

On mobile all of the logos are stacked together so you can’t read them. But good work on getting this going. I know in the coming weeks it will get better and better.

S.Peelman said:
Machina said:
The WiiU was a figment of your imagination.

I was just going to say, shouldn’t WiiU be in ‘legacy’ instead of Switch.

I actually still want to see how Switch develops in comparison to PS4, so I am cool with how it is handled.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

87.7% market share, Now that's a butt kicking! Both the PS5 and Xbox series X are selling really well. It is interesting that PlayStation was able to make 3 million more systems in the same time frame as Xbox. I wonder if its a manufacturing issue, if it's intentional to drive up demand, if they underestimated demand, or a combination of all 3. Had Microsoft released 3 million more systems, I think they would have sold all of them.