Hi everyone, the highly anticipated last week of 2020 was just updated. With it, I bring you the December Year 4 profile for the Nintendo Switch:
1) Switch sold an estimated 28.26M consoles in 2020 (up 47% from 2019)
2) The Switch surpassed the 3DS lifetime totals this month
3) No console on record has sold more than the Switch during the Aug-Dec period of their fourth year.
4) Switch has a 1.3M Gap advantage over the PS5 month aligned.
5) Only the DS and Wii had a better year 4 holidays.
6) The switch is up 20% this December compared to last year.
7) Next month the Switch will try to surpass the 1.6M it sold last January.
8) If the switch is able to hold a steady increase vs last year, then it could target the 1.9M record set by DS year 4.
9) The highest year 4 is held by DS (27.9M) the Switch needs 2.3M in January + February to beat that record.
a) Will the NS be able to sell over 1.9M units during January 2021?Last edited by dmillos - on 12 February 2021