By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Returnal Review Thread - Current 86 Metacritic / 86 Open Critic

Sorry my phone had a stroke

Around the Network
ice said:

Mmmmm so this thread turned into a Sony vs Nintendo/MS

Can we just be happy this new ip is scoring well and looks like a good game?

You are correct. I apologize if I have offended someone's pride here. And yes, 86 is fantastic for a new IP! I hope to see more work by Housemarque, Returnal now is in my list of games that I have to check. Comparisons with Doom, Hades, Metroid, Prometheus (film) really boost my interest.

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

The game is sold out at Amazon UK and charting high in Europe, US and ROTW.

This is the only PS5 exclusive I'm interested in at the moment.

Manlytears said:
ice said:

Mmmmm so this thread turned into a Sony vs Nintendo/MS

Can we just be happy this new ip is scoring well and looks like a good game?

You are correct. I apologize if I have offended someone's pride here. And yes, 86 is fantastic for a new IP! I hope to see more work by Housemarque, Returnal now is in my list of games that I have to check. Comparisons with Doom, Hades, Metroid, Prometheus (film) really boost my interest.

I doubt you offended anyone's pride, it's more that you took the first opportunity available to turn the discussion into something it shouldn't have been.

Congratulations to the game for it's great reception, hopefully it translates into great sales reception for the developer. 

Around the Network

I got the game brand new at £55 which is cheap AF and it arrived today with preorder code for alternate costumes.

I reckon these £70 games will be easy to find for cheaper if you give Google a quick 1-5 mins search, especially when some eBay traders do their 10-20% off deals. This is how I got my copy so cheap

KLXVER said:
Signalstar said:

I'm not sure what you are asking me.

I personally do not care what price other people pay for their games. That is their business.

I have not bought a PS5 yet. I have not paid $70 for a new game yet either. I do not plan on doing either in the near future.

In fact the last new PS games I bought new were Tony Hawk 1+2 and Crash Bandicoot 4 both of which I paid around $40 for. Before that I paid around $20 for a new copy of Dreams.

Actually I find Nintendo and Switch games are the most costly. I usually have the hold my nose when buying those games. Even though they are several years old I paid close to $60 for BOTW, Odyssey, MK 8 Deluxe, and Bayonetta 2. I want to buy Smash Ultimate and it is still close to full price. Hell I bought Zelda Spirit Tracks DS for $50 out of box used.

What I am saying is that I think it is illogical to expect recent purchasers of a PS5 who spent more than $500 for the console would be overly price conscious and skip out on a highly rated new exclusive game just because it retails at the standard price of new releases. The poster I was responding to said he was willing to pay that price for Ratchet and Clank. I was happy to see that he provided anecdotal evidence that supported my assertion.

And games are getting more expensive to make. That is just a fact.

Games are also selling more than ever and digital sales give them 100% of the earnings. Jacking up the price is just greed. Nothing else. 

None of those things are mutually exclusive. It can be true that games are selling more than ever, that publishers receive a higher share of revenue from digital sales, AND the cost of making games can be rising as well.

To argue otherwise is just ignorant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

From Indy to AAA succesfully in the first shot. While the game is seems great I find it a better acomplishement that a small studio gets a shot and turns out good. Risk paid off.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Cerebralbore101 said:

MS is all rumors about how Starfield could come out this year.

Meanwhile Sony already has Demon's Souls, and Returnal on PS5 with Rachet coming this summer. Horizon 2 and GoW2 are both rumored to launch this holiday as well.

God of War 5 will be no sooner than summer 2022, and likely later than that.  Horizon is possible, since it started development much sooner as a PS4 game and is getting a PS5 port day 1.  Nothing wrong with cross gen, but I feel no reason to bother with a PS5 over it.

When GoW does finally drop though, thats when I will need a PS5.  I will definitely be checking out Ratchet and Demon Souls when the time comes as well though.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Housemarque's been top shelf since super star dust on ps3 for me. Resogun and alienation we're also both great. I'm not surprised one bit. Will pick this up soon. Maybe this weekend.

4 ≈ One