By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will the Switch outsell the PS4?

Imagine some crazy turn around with new Switch lite alike with HDMI output, price cut. Some God like games then switch selling over 35m this year... let me dream. I would say next year with the new Xenoblade hehe.

Around the Network

I'm gonna get very specific and say September 2022.
I've predicted 27m for the Switch this year and that would put it at 104m by the end of 2021. If that happens it should be able to pass it before the next Holiday.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I still can't believe some people are guessing never. I'm mean, the Switch is up like 30% this year and, while I don't expect that to stay, it does show that the switch still has momentum. 20M this year is all but guaranteed (it might actually hit 25M)
After that, all Switch needs is over 18M more minimum (I think PS4 will top out at 118M). It will happen.

I believe end of 2022 is the floor, not the ceiling at this point. If it gets close to 30mil again this year, it's not crazy to think it could pass PS4 before 2022 holiday sales even begin.

If it sells 25M this year, it only needs about 15M more next year, which should be doable. End of 2022 isn't a strange bet.

Around the Network

If they barely release games between now and the end of 2022 it will beat ps4 by then I predict. If they release a decent amount of games, maybe Summer 2022. If they release a bunch of games and/or Switch Pro? By January 2022.

Last edited by Dulfite - on 04 March 2021

Team 2022!

Im guessing early 2023

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Doctor_MG said:

I still can't believe some people are guessing never. I'm mean, the Switch is up like 30% this year and, while I don't expect that to stay, it does show that the switch still has momentum. 20M this year is all but guaranteed (it might actually hit 25M)
After that, all Switch needs is over 18M more minimum (I think PS4 will top out at 118M). It will happen.

Some people never learn. The Switch have and continues to break sales records but people still predict for the worst.  

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I don't know when, but it definitely will.

Maybe 2022.