By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will the Switch outsell the PS4?

I did it first: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241681/when-will-the-switch-outsell-the-ps4/1/

Still laugh a lot at all the pathetic nintendo haters who said never. All of them well aware that it wasn't true. Just saying it because they hate nintendo and are unhappy (redundant, I know).

Around the Network
DestroyTrolls said:

I did it first: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241681/when-will-the-switch-outsell-the-ps4/1/

Still laugh a lot at all the pathetic nintendo haters who said never. All of them well aware that it wasn't true. Just saying it because they hate nintendo and are unhappy (redundant, I know).

Quite impressive to see the most optimistic answer in that poll (Second half of 2022) is actually the most probable one. Back then, I had chosen second half of 2023 as my answer, of course at that point we didn't know the PS4 was the console headed for a cliff.

Signature goes here!

Nintendo's FY report is tomorrow so we'll get updated shipment numbers, it passing the PS4 at this point is a given but the update should give a rough idea of when this year.

Wyrdness said:

Nintendo's FY report is tomorrow so we'll get updated shipment numbers, it passing the PS4 at this point is a given but the update should give a rough idea of when this year.

It is? 

I could have sworn we get those at the end of the month afterwards. Like we got the last one up to the end of December in Late Jan/early Feb, so wouldn't we get March in late April. 

As to sales...well two pretty hyped games have released this year, but somehow I don't think Forgotten Kingdom sold units. Hard to say with Legends A....still two pretty popular games isn't a bad start to the year all things considered. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

KrspaceT said:
Wyrdness said:

It is? 

I could have sworn we get those at the end of the month afterwards. Like we got the last one up to the end of December in Late Jan/early Feb, so wouldn't we get March in late April. 

As to sales...well two pretty hyped games have released this year, but somehow I don't think Forgotten Kingdom sold units. Hard to say with Legends A....still two pretty popular games isn't a bad start to the year all things considered. 

Yeah it's not till May 10th

Around the Network

Under current momentum it'll be around September.

Last 16 Days of the year pretty sure it'll surpass GB/GBC as well

I'm unsure but I think second half of November is the most likely although I wouldn't be surprised if it's the first half of December. It'll pass the GB shortly thereafter.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 17 September 2022

I voted first half of December but I forgot about Black Friday week haha. I think it'll pass PS4 on Black Friday week.