By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate today's Direct 2/17/2021

Out of 10, how would you rate the Direct?

1 3 2.29%

2 6 4.58%

3 4 3.05%

4 10 7.63%

5 19 14.50%

6 29 22.14%

7 31 23.66%

8 20 15.27%

9 5 3.82%

10 4 3.05%

Total:131

I thought it was okay. It had a thing for everyone, but obviously it missed the big thing, which could've been BotW 2, but now we know Nintendo doesn't have anything to share. 

So. How was it for you? I give it 7/10 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

If I'm going based on expectation 2/10. Based on its own merit 5/10

8/10

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

4/10. Lame

Ill give it a 6/10. Not much for me regarding new announcements, but it wasnt horrible or anything.

Around the Network

Damn, a port of a port for $60.
Overall 6/10

Give it a 5

The major 3rd parties were all announced last year on direct minis, so no surprises here 

No major 1st party for this year 

No Zelda BOTW 2 either, instead we got the weakest Zelda mainline game HD

And the only 2 games ther got my attention are far away to be released 

The Direct was too long and too boring,it should have 30 minutes or so

4/10

Pyra is a good choice for Smash, Triangle Strategy looks cool. Mario Golf is usually fun.

Beyond that... meh. Nintendo's first party studios have really not been doing much beyond remakes and ports for a while now. You'd think at some point they're going to show some actual new games and such, but it wasn't today.

7.8/10
Too much Japanese Games
Too much Splatoon 3

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

5/10.
Some good announcements for RPG fans. And No More Heroes 3 looks good.
Skyward Sword announcement is nice as well but no BOTW2? No news until later this year means it most likely wont release this year (doubt we'll get 2 Zeldas in one year for the same system). Possibly wont even make it for 2022 if they have NOTHING to show for it. Curious if Nintendo will want to do a cross gen for that one...

Nintendo's output for Switch hasnt been great lately. Not sure if they are just struggling so much with COVID or spacing out their games so third parties can shine?

But its mostly been remakes and ports lately, which is lacking when you compare it to 2017 and 2018. 

First half of the year from Nintendo doesnt even have one full fledged AAA game.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"