By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate today's Direct 2/17/2021

Out of 10, how would you rate the Direct?

1 3 2.29%

2 6 4.58%

3 4 3.05%

4 10 7.63%

5 19 14.50%

6 29 22.14%

7 31 23.66%

8 20 15.27%

9 5 3.82%

10 4 3.05%

Total:131

Pyra in Smash is neat. NMHIII date is cool. Legend of Mana is neat. Ninja Gaiden FUCK YEAH!. Rest is meh.

6/10. Just glad full directs are back.

Last edited by Leynos - on 17 February 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

7/10 a solid direct with a lot of variety.
I shall be picking up.. Mario golf, Miitopia, Skyward sword and the Ninja Gaiden collection.

7/10. Some cool looking games I'm looking forward to like No More Heroes, Project Triangle Strategy, and Monster Hunter Rise. Also looking forward to Skyward Sword HD and Splatoon 3! I hope there will be another general Direct sometime later this year! :)

I give it an 8/10. We're getting English versions of the Famicom Detective Club games, Splatoon 3 is finally happening, AND we're getting a new DLC Smash fighter who, unlike Slutonetta or Steve, actually deserves to be in Smash!! I just wish they had announcements to do with Breath of The Wild 2, the 40th anniversary of Donkey Kong and F-Zero.

I loved it really. A lot of surprises for me. We didn't get updates on some games, but we already know they are coming at some point so who cares, they showed us other things.
Pyra for Smash
Outer Wilds
Legend of Mana
Mario Golf
No More Heroes III
Neon White
Project Triangle Strategy
Ninja Gaiden Master Collection
Hyrule Warriors DLC
Saga Frontier Remastered
Skyward Sword HD
Splatoon 3

Really feels like these next 2 years are going to be packed with games.

Around the Network
anonymunchy said:

I loved it really. A lot of surprises for me. We didn't get updates on some games, but we already know they are coming at some point so who cares, they showed us other things.
Pyra for Smash
Outer Wilds
Legend of Mana
Mario Golf
No More Heroes III
Neon White
Project Triangle Strategy
Ninja Gaiden Master Collection
Hyrule Warriors DLC
Saga Frontier Remastered
Skyward Sword HD
Splatoon 3

Really feels like these next 2 years are going to be packed with games.

Glad to know a few people liked it a lot. I understand why it would create such excitement, it only missed a big Nintendo title. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

CaptainExplosion said:

I give it an 8/10. We're getting English versions of the Famicom Detective Club games, Splatoon 3 is finally happening, AND we're getting a new DLC Smash fighter who, unlike Slutonetta or Steve, actually deserves to be in Smash!! I just wish they had announcements to do with Breath of The Wild 2, the 40th anniversary of Donkey Kong and F-Zero.

An Arms character got into Smash. ANY character is fair game. Just because you dont like them, doesnt make them any less deserving. Cant really think of a more deserving character than Bayonetta since shes the only one actually voted in by the fans of the series.

Last edited by KLXVER - on 17 February 2021

I'll give it an 8/10. On a positive note for people that are disappointed: all of the Nintendo published announcements outside of Fryangle Strategy and Splatoon 3 are 1st half titles. This direct gave a complete picture of what Nintendo plans to do for the 1st half of 2021, which will be carried by Mario 3D World, Monster Hunter Rise and Skyward Sword HD, but left things completely in the dark when it came to their 2nd half plans.

Skyward Sword HD and the looming ports of past Zelda titles are making BotW2 look like a 2022 title. Also, after seeing Nintendo willing to put two Splatoon titles on the same platform, I wouldn't be surprised if they position Mario Kart 9 as their big holiday title this year.

Not good for me. It's still too soon after Splatoon 1 for Splatoon 2, let alone Splatoon 3. Give some other ips a chance!

This direct is probably satisfying towards people that like Japanese games, but that isn't really me (though I am appreciating JRPgs more). No Kid Icarus, Metroid, Starfox, Advanced Wars, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Monolith Soft game. I love Skyward Sword, but I don't need to rebuy it in HD.

Dulfite said:

Not good for me. It's still too soon after Splatoon 1 for Splatoon 2, let alone Splatoon 3. Give some other ips a chance!

This direct is probably satisfying towards people that like Japanese games, but that isn't really me (though I am appreciating JRPgs more). No Kid Icarus, Metroid, Starfox, Advanced Wars, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Monolith Soft game. I love Skyward Sword, but I don't need to rebuy it in HD.

To be fair most of what you just cited are games I would expect to be showcased during an E3 presentation. Historically, they've gone pretty hard there with these franchise.

It's a long way from June though ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909