By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Announced For Switch

Tagged games:

killeryoshis said:

Nintendo has run out of Wii U ports and now going back into Wii ports. By the time we get to the 10th generation, we will be seeing Remastered N64 ports.

Despite that, I disliked this game. I beat it twice to try to give it a better shot. Was worse the 2nd time around. This game had so much filler in the 2nd half it really destroyed the pace of the darn game.

At least now Nintendo has no choice but to remake Zelda 1,2 and 3 since they ran out of Zelda games to remake.
(Watch us get the Sprirt Tracks instead now)

They already remade Zelda 3, it’s called A Link Between Worlds

Around the Network

At $60 USD, that's gonna be a solid skip for me

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-hd-switch/

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

This will compliment my HD copies of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess just nicely.
Smacked that pre-order button.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I like the solution they gave. It is the same mechanic of metal gear rising, you can slice in any direction with the second analog stick.

I wonder if it will have any other improvements beyond the controllers and the HD.
The jumping from the sky from the main town is very strange, it has to load the city you are already in, If it will be easier to play the ******* harp, less loading between areas...

It has a good chance to outsell the original, given it is on switch and in its peak.

I love this game but I'm not buying it again, especially not at full price

Around the Network

I dislike motion controls so this is by far the worst Zelda for me. Couldn't stand even 5 hours of it (well the Wii was not mine so I wouldn't have beat it even if I like it I guess...)

jonathanalis said:

I wonder if it will have any other improvements beyond the controllers and the HD.

The jumping from the sky from the main town is very strange, it has to load the city you are already in, If it will be easier to play the ******* harp, less loading between areas...

Yeah, that loading between the Sky/Skyloft is super awkward, I'm hoping they get rid of it but not counting my chickens.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

mZuzek said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it looks like Skyward Sword HD is running in 60fps.

This made me so happy. I know it's quite a low bar, but improving the framerate on remasters isn't something I was expecting from Nintendo. So, Skyward Sword will be the first ever 60fps 3D Zelda. Sign me up! Hopefully they fix the annoying treasure pickup dialogs, other than that I can't ask for anything. I like this game.

Slightly disappointing to not have BotW 2 news, but like... I really want BotW 2, but I already know it's coming. I didn't know SSHD was coming, so I'd rather have it finally happen. Been hoping for it for so long now.

Hopefully BotW 2 still happens this year as most people expect, but I'm not holding my breath.

I thought people were crazy for thinking that it wouldn't come this year. But after this direct... With SSHD and AoC DLC running until November 21, paired with the "we will get news later this year" just totally destroyed all hope I had for it to come out in 2021... Oh well... Hopefully not too long into 2022.

1doesnotsimply

The Zelda team make great games but they're absolutely hopeless when it comes to getting games out in a timely fashion.

The last mainline console Zelda to release on schedule was Wind Waker two decades ago.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 February 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
mZuzek said:

Hopefully BotW 2 still happens this year as most people expect, but I'm not holding my breath.

I thought people were crazy for thinking that it wouldn't come this year. But after this direct... With SSHD and AoC DLC running until November 21, paired with the "we will get news later this year" just totally destroyed all hope I had for it to come out in 2021... Oh well... Hopefully not too long into 2022.

I wouldn't rule it out yet, but it does seem unlikely.

curl-6 said:

The Zelda team make great games but they're absolutely hopeless when it comes to getting games out in a timely fashion.

The last mainline console Zelda to release on schedule was Wind Waker two decades ago.

Ehh... Wind Waker was "on schedule", because it was rushed. Could've been better if it hadn't been, though it's a great game anyway. Still, I don't think Breath of the Wild 2 was ever scheduled for release in 2021, people just assumed that was the case.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games