By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Announced For Switch

Tagged games:

Agente42 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Well that's something I share with him. On the other hand BotW is my absolute favorite. Weird huh.

You see this in a interview on GDC '04.

https://touriantourist.blogspot.com/2011/09/aonuma-hates-zelda.html

That has to be the single most unprofessional article I've ever read. Bursting full of typos, badly build sentences and whining and insultingAlso this is from 2004. You use a 17 years old interview, written by an amateur as proof for Aonuma being a culprit or something.

I don't even care what you think of any Zelda game. I just didn't want you to go at him. Eiji Aonuma was the producer and director of my childhood favorite games and through that gave me some of my absolute best memories. Don't go and give me links to 17 years old articles of morons complaining about Aonuma being a "pussy". Literally the only Zelda games I don't like are the first two.

I don't get why you are trying to convince me of something. You think he's a bad developer? Just say it!

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 21 February 2021

Around the Network

Funny enough, the very last game I ever played on the Wii U before I got the Switch at launch was Skyward Sword. Via backwards compatibility.

Agente42 said:
anonymunchy said:

You seem to be really focused on this fact

This is an interview from 2004, where he talks about something even further in the past. He also says he never thought he'd be making games similar to that, meaning he's changed his mind. He also mentions in that interview that A Link to the Past is what got him into Zelda, a game very similar in style to the original Zelda, just more refined.

The title of the link is also "Aonuma hates zelda", which is just horrible clickbait and the entire article just reads like a disgruntled entitled fanboy who didn't get what he wanted. 

On a different note, Aonuma was also director on Ocarina of Time. So why does he get the blame for Majora's Mask (whatever is even to blame) and not the praise on Ocarina of Time. Miyamoto was producer on all these games.
He was also Franchise Supervisor on Hyrule Warriors, which had an amazing amount of fan service and incredible throwbacks to the original Zelda.

In Ocarina he's in charge of Water Temple. 

Aonuma is Shigeru'protegee. Shiggy is responsible for employee Aonuma. He sees himself on Aonuma. But Aonuma is not at the same level. 

I never joined in on the Water Temple hate. It was the most difficult one for sure, not a bad one in my eyes at all. The design is just insane. I doubt most of the people complaining about it these days have even played it.

Aonuma joined Nintendo in 1988, before he played any video games at all. Since then he has been involved in some of my favourite games of all time. Nintendo saw something in him, and rightfully so.

You're actually bringing something up from over 30 years ago now, come join us in the present. 

edit: double negative

Last edited by anonymunchy - on 21 February 2021

Water Temple is one of the best designed levels in any game.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

Ocarina of Time is one of the best games ever made, but the Water Temple is a cool idea poorly executed.

Still, I don't ride the Aonuma hate train, he's been responsible for some truly great games.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 February 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Ocarina of Time is one of the best games ever made, but the Water Temple is a cool idea poorly executed.

Ehh, the way switching your boots worked was poorly executed and made the Water Temple super annoying. 3DS version fixes that (and also includes markers for where to go to change the water level, which is arguably also better), and then the level design shines through.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Ehh, the way switching your boots worked was poorly executed and made the Water Temple super annoying. 3DS version fixes that (and also includes markers for where to go to change the water level, which is arguably also better), and then the level design shines through.

True, I was referring more to its original form, I never played the 3DS version.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

One of my favorite Zelda games. Nice to see that it's 60 fps on Switch.

Ultravolt said:

One of my favorite Zelda games. Nice to see that it's 60 fps on Switch.

Yeah, it's sweet to finally see a 3D Zelda game running at 60. Since BotW 2 certainly isn't coming out in 2021 (well, who knows, really), I hope it can also run at 60 on Switch's next revision/soft successor. That potential console could also be slated for 2022, but a lot of people are expecting it for 2021, too. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

The Water Temple was a a bit exhausting, but I didn't think it was that bad. I actually thought the Forest Temple was worse.

But both pale in comparison to the torture and bullshit that is the Great Bay Temple.

FUCK. THAT. PLACE.