By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Announced For Switch

Tagged games:

mZuzek said:

I'm assuming they'll fix the annoying pop-up everytime you pick up a treasure item. Since that was the game's biggest issue by far, I think that change alone would already go some ways towards improving the game.

Seriously though, I'm not expecting much beyond that.

Oh, I forgot about that, every time you'd continue a save file all the pop-ups would reset. Yeh, I hope they fix that :P 

I really enjoyed the original on the Wii though, so for me, can't think of anything off the top of my head they should change.

Would be nice if they added some extra content, maybe in the form of a boss rush/enemy waves/item challenges, but I doubt they'll go so far.

Around the Network

I'm playing it with Pro Controller i hardly use my Joycons expect when in handheld mode.

Agente42 said:
mZuzek said:

This reads like copypasta. Anyway, you might wanna look up who Breath of the Wild's producer is...

Even the director is the same as Skyward Sword.

anonymunchy said:

Also, as some other people mentioned in here, I think we'll see some more upgrades to this version vs the standard version that can improve the game in various ways. Similar to how the fast sail in Wind Waker HD vastly improved traversing around the sea. What those upgrades will be, I don't know. Hopefully something meaningful with amiibo (though I doubt that, they'll probably give some items each day). July is a ways away.

I'm assuming they'll fix the annoying pop-up everytime you pick up a treasure item. Since that was the game's biggest issue by far, I think that change alone would already go some ways towards improving the game.

mZuzek said:

This reads like copypasta. Anyway, you might wanna look up who Breath of the Wild's producer is...

Even the director is the same as Skyward Sword.

anonymunchy said:

Also, as some other people mentioned in here, I think we'll see some more upgrades to this version vs the standard version that can improve the game in various ways. Similar to how the fast sail in Wind Waker HD vastly improved traversing around the sea. What those upgrades will be, I don't know. Hopefully something meaningful with amiibo (though I doubt that, they'll probably give some items each day). July is a ways away.

You know Aonuma focus in BotW is shiries and dungeons? The director takes the lead of the rest. Just imagine the part of Botw I hate. 

The director of BotW, Hidemaro Fujibayashi was also the director of Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Four Swords, The Minish Cap and Skyward Sword and subdirector of Phantom Houtglass, many of those puzzle focused Zelda games that you don't like. 

Don't put all the blame for the series changing to something you don't like on one guy. Puzzles have been a big part of Zelda games even before Aonuma started to work on them.

A little strange that people are so against this one being remade. If you're against remakes in general that's one thing, but if you were down for TP and WW being remade, no reason to be against this one. Even if Skyward Sword wasn't you're cup of tea, it was mine, so be happy that I can enjoy my cup of tea :).

At any rate, I skipped out on Twilight Sword's remake but will probably pick this one up. When TP came out, I just figured I'd replay it on my Wii. With this one though, I'll probably do the double dip. I loved SS's artstyle in concept, but it was a poor fit for an SD system. I want button controls in Skyward Sword as much as I wanted touch controls in Bayonetta, but if you want them, then there they are I guess.

I do have to put a small asterisk in though that if they have completely no new features, I may skip out. I would love to see some more true sword fights in the style of the game's final boss. Streamlined transportation would also be a huge plus. And while it will never happen, a Groose sidequest would be glorious.

Skyward Sword is IMO the pinnacle of Zelda in terms of dungeon design, puzzles, and boss battles. Also the best story for my money simply based on the strength of Zelda and Link's relationship, which makes for more emotional investment. And, BOTW is the peak of Zelda in terms of exploration. Whichever style you prefer, you have them both on the Switch, so yay!

Around the Network

I wonder if this is being done in-house or by another studio like Grezzo or Tantalus. I'd kinda prefer the latter as EPD seems stretched super thin already.

curl-6 said:

I wonder if this is being done in-house or by another studio like Grezzo or Tantalus. I'd kinda prefer the latter as EPD seems stretched super thin already.

Are they though? Do we know what EPD is working on? I think BOTW2 and Splat3n are the only confirmed projects.

JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

Are they though? Do we know what EPD is working on? I think BOTW2 and Splat3n are the only confirmed projects.

That's kinda my point, and neither are coming any time soon, while they still seem to struggle to get in-house HD AAA games out at a steady pace. So many of their games are still outsourced to studios like Next Level, Game Freak, Camelot, Tecmo Koei, Bandi Namco, etc.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 February 2021

curl-6 said:
JWeinCom said:

That's kinda my point, and neither are coming any time soon, while they still seem to struggle to get in-house HD AAA games out at a steady pace. So many of their games are still outsourced to studios like Next Level, Game Freak, Camelot, Tecmo Koei, Bandi Namco, etc.

I dunno. They seemed to be doing ok for a while. Honestly a bit confused as to what's going on with them recently. Hoping it's just a matter of a lot of unannounced titles for the second half of the year. But at any rate, one remake should be like, crippling their production.

JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

I dunno. They seemed to be doing ok for a while. Honestly a bit confused as to what's going on with them recently. Hoping it's just a matter of a lot of unannounced titles for the second half of the year. But at any rate, one remake should be like, crippling their production.

Yeah it's weird, even with their handheld and console divisions united, their output has been pretty slow post-2017. I kept figuring that as they delivered so many big games in the Switch's first year they'd need 3 years or so for those studios to reload and fire again, but I really thought by now we'd be seeing more, like the next Monolith Soft game, the next new 3D Mario, the next game from the Mario Kart team, etc.

I get that the pandemic has probably slowed them down, and that one remaster shouldn't take up too much manpower, but at this point I'm really starting to wonder just where all the new EPD games are.