By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony shills for the CCP

LudicrousSpeed said:

Is this just for that region or all of PSN?

Hong Kong. As I said misleading OP.

There's no way they would add outside of there.

Around the Network

The Chinese Communist Party is certainly the most oppressive government of a major country in existence right now. But, China is a huge market, so companies are quick to bend over for them. And, that's how the commies win.

noname2200 said:
COKTOE said:

@OP. The price of doing business in China? Sucks hard, but whadrugondo?

Well, if they had any spine or morals, they would be content with just the crapton of money they make now.

But that would make them fairly unique in the business world, so.

How would Sony refusing to sell there benefit anyone though? 

sundin13 said:
noname2200 said:

Well, if they had any spine or morals, they would be content with just the crapton of money they make now.

But that would make them fairly unique in the business world, so.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking what good it would do for any single business to not engage in commerce with certain nations, i.e. the "I might as well reap some benefits because someone else will do it if I don't" stance?

noname2200 said:
sundin13 said:

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking what good it would do for any single business to not engage in commerce with certain nations, i.e. the "I might as well reap some benefits because someone else will do it if I don't" stance?

Essentially. I don't mean to be confrontational, I am genuinely wondering if there would be any benefit to Sony leaving that market. 

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:

That's bad for sure, but without knowing what the TOS for other companies looks like I can't tell if this is worse than usual or simply the standard.

True. As horrible as it is, I'm sure Sony is hardly alone. I just wish corporations would stop doing this. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Money over principles

And now with biden in charge, good luck usa.

Free the Uyghurs!

sundin13 said:
noname2200 said:

Essentially. I don't mean to be confrontational, I am genuinely wondering if there would be any benefit to Sony leaving that market. 

Sorry if my tone came off as too aggressive! But to answer your question, you're right that Sony wouldn't really benefit from skipping that market, barring some sort of incentive or reward from other countries from doing so. It's why I don't condemn Sony in particular; rather, Sony is just one of the many, many, many businesses that are willing to do whatever it takes to chase the almighty dollar (yuan?). And since the consequences are so small, they'll all keep doing it. Heck, to the best of my knowledge, Sony isn't as bad as companies like Intel, who are assisting China's surveillance state.