By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony shills for the CCP

The CCP is evil, Sony supports evil.

EDIT: provided link

https://www.playstation.com/en-hk/legal/psn-terms-of-service/

Last edited by scottslater - on 19 January 2021

Nintendo with the Switch:

Around the Network

That's bad for sure, but without knowing what the TOS for other companies looks like I can't tell if this is worse than usual or simply the standard.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

What the fuck

I'm surprised you didn't know about this. Your hero, Jeremy from The Quartering, made a video on this topic months ago.

@OP. The price of doing business in China? Sucks hard, but whadrugondo?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

From what I can gather, it seems that this type of language is required for businesses who wish to do business in China.

Sadly this is law in Hong Kong. You can't speak against PRC in any way in China. It was passed through during the HK protests.

Sony has to go by the country's laws. This is will be in the ToS for Nintendo and Microsoft there as well no doubt or any other online service/s.

Btw OP should be changed as this only affects PS owners in Hong Kong. Bit click baity :P

Last edited by hinch - on 19 January 2021

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Big tech in general seem to be siding with the CCP here lately. CCP pockets run deep sadly, and all the greedy bastards that run big tech companies care about is making money, even if it's blood money.

I don't think they have ever sided against the CCP, to be honest. The one time I can remember they oposed them was when Google didn't want to censor their search engine over there, and they folded quite fast from that one.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Anyone who has business with China is in favor of human rights abuses. It's gonna be difficult to find a gaming company who doesn't masturbate to the thought of humans getting tortured.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Anyone who has business with China is in favor of human rights abuses. It's gonna be difficult to find a gaming company who doesn't masturbate to the thought of humans getting tortured.

Irony being we all support them in one way or another. Basically all consumer electronics are built here :P

COKTOE said:

@OP. The price of doing business in China? Sucks hard, but whadrugondo?

Well, if they had any spine or morals, they would be content with just the crapton of money they make now.

But that would make them fairly unique in the business world, so.

Is this just for that region or all of PSN?