By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm beginning to think Switch's 2021-2023 will mirror Wii's 2011-2012.

All I have to say about the original post: FAAAAAIIIIILLL! :D

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

All I have to say about the original post: FAAAAAIIIIILLL! :D

We aren't out of the woods yet. Nintendo could still put out jack-all for 2021 after Poke'mon Snap. Hopefully they don't though. Remember that the thread is titled "I'm beginning to think" not "I know".

But anyway, I really do hope that Nintendo has a good bunch of 1st party releases for 2021. I don't want another 2020, or 2018, with weak 1st party lineups.

It's still up in the air, but the first 8 months of the year are looking pretty solid in terms of games. Not great, but solid. Everything rests on whether they have a strong third trimester.

It'd be a bit of a disgrace if they didn't with so many of their studios due or overdue for a new release. (Monolith, Zelda team, Odyssey team, Mario Kart team)

curl-6 said:

It's still up in the air, but the first 8 months of the year are looking pretty solid in terms of games. Not great, but solid. Everything rests on whether they have a strong third trimester.

It'd be a bit of a disgrace if they didn't with so many of their studios due or overdue for a new release. (Monolith, Zelda team, Odyssey team, Mario Kart team)

Yeah, my hopes are pretty high right now. I'm basically content to sit and wait until E3. If we don't get at least 2 amazing new games previewed, I'll go back to my pessimism. Had Snap bombed with critics I would have brought this thread back with a vengeance.

Cerebralbore101 said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, my hopes are pretty high right now. I'm basically content to sit and wait until E3. If we don't get at least 2 amazing new games previewed, I'll go back to my pessimism. Had Snap bombed with critics I would have brought this thread back with a vengeance.

Yeah I'm trying to remain optimistic also, as the announced/released lineup for the first 8 months of the year are better than I expected.

I feel pretty much the same about E3, if they have a decent show and reveal at least 2 new games for the second half of the year that look good enough to be worth buying, then I'll be pleased. On the other hand I'm trying not to get my hopes up in case it's a flop like their 2015 and 2018 shows.

Around the Network

Switch's 2021 seems to be an improvement over its 2020. We don't have much slated for the second half of the year, but the first half isn't shabby at all.
-3D World+Bowser's Fury
-Bravely Default 2
-Monster Hunter Rise
-New Pokemon Snap
-Famicom Detective remakes
-Miitopia remake
-Mario Golf
For the second half we have
-Skyward Sword HD: July 16
-Gen IV Remakes: Probably October or November

There's gonna be more third-party surprises on the way. As far as first-party goes, I think we'll get at least two more first-party games announced that will release this year. And at least one of them will be a new game even if the other is a port or remake. Breath of the Wild 2 could be a holiday title that Nintendo finally starts showing soon. But considering how little we know about it, I'm thinking Q1 or Q2 2022.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

Switch's 2021 seems to be an improvement over its 2020. We don't have much slated for the second half of the year, but the first half isn't shabby at all.
-3D World+Bowser's Fury
-Bravely Default 2
-Monster Hunter Rise
-New Pokemon Snap
-Famicom Detective remakes
-Miitopia remake
-Mario Golf
For the second half we have
-Skyward Sword HD: July 16
-Gen IV Remakes: Probably October or November

There's gonna be more third-party surprises on the way. As far as first-party goes, I think we'll get at least two more first-party games announced that will release this year. And at least one of them will be a new game even if the other is a port or remake. Breath of the Wild 2 could be a holiday title that Nintendo finally starts showing soon. But considering how little we know about it, I'm thinking Q1 or Q2 2022.

Yeah I'm thinking BOTW2 will be 2022, the Zelda team always takes forever to get their games out.

Third party is quite strong this year too, in addition to those you mentioned we got/are getting Crash Bandicoot 4,  No More Heroes 3, Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighbourville, Subnautica + Below Zero, Rune Factory 5, Samurai Warriors 5, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Fall Guys, Tony Hawk 1 + 2 remakes, Panzer Dragoon 2 remake, Ghosts 'n' Goblins Resurrection, etc.

Nintend00med and Cliff™ is coming for you!

Spindel said:

Nintend00med and Cliffâ„¢ is coming for you!

I never once said anything about a sales cliff.

Well I get you were talking about purely Nintendo games or Nintendo published games (hence Bayonetta?) ...

But given that Monster Hunter Rise, the best exclusive game on any platform since Super Mario 3D World, launched a month ago and I'm still playing it .....

Well, no. Just no.

(In other words, we'll see in a year when it isn't exclusive)