By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your verdict for the gaming year 2020?

Your verdict for the gaming year 2020?

Amazing 151 17.28%

Good 228 26.09%

Decent 218 24.94%

Mediocre 124 14.19%

Subpar 47 5.38%

Bad 38 4.35%

Terrible 68 7.78%

Total:874

Half-Life Alyx was great. Other than that, 2020 was pretty lame for me.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

My two most hyped games this year FF7R and Cyberpunk 2077 were.... good games but I definitely overhyped both of them in my mind. So overall a decent year, I still have other stuff that came out this year to play like P5R, Sakura Wars, Hades, Hyrule Warriors AoC, etc... (so it could still turn out to be an excellent year whenever I get around to playing these games.

Edit: Completely forgot about Demon's Souls, also a good game. 

Amazing. The last gen finished with a blast and the next gen is promising. Superb releases all the way. The only bad thibs are CP2077 ans Halo delayed, but this doesnt bother me.

Amazing. The last gen finished with a blast and the next gen is promising. Superb releases all the way. The only bad thibs are CP2077 ans Halo delayed, but this doesnt bother me.

Good.

It was headed for being one of the worst ever for the first 8 months, but then it closed very strong with the likes of Doom Eternal, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Sniper Elite 4, Hotshot Racing, and Age of Calamity on Switch.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Good.

It was headed for being one of the worst ever for the first 8 months, but then it closed very strong with the likes of Doom Eternal, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Sniper Elite 4, Hotshot Racing, and Age of Calamity on Switch.

How in the blue hell did I of all people forget about Age of Calamity!?

Another highlight for me this year to be certain!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

RolStoppable said:

Simple question to close out the year 2020: How has it been as a gaming year for you? To be more specific, this question is about products that released during 2020 (games, consoles, accessories), so if you've played good games that were released before 2020, don't factor them into your answer.

Bonus question: Which 2020 releases have been your favorites? This question isn't limited to a single game, so you can give a nod to everything that stood out positively in your opinion.

OK, I think. I don't have enough time to play all games anyways, so the releases were more than enough (and I have a big back catalog). I want to feature a few games that released this year though.

Spiritfarer was a great game with the right mood at the right time. I think a pretty great choice to play in a Pandemic.

Age of Calamity is a great successor to the original Hyrule Warriors. I would say it is a bit less a mindless hack&slay the first game was and needs a bit more involvement on the players side.

Immortals Fenyx Rising is without a question a really fun game. It is kinda a mix between Assassins Creed, Breath of the Wild and Kid Icarus Uprising, taking different elements of each of the three games and makes them to a very enjoyable game overall. I think I like it more than the standard Assassins Creed formula. But I am biased, as I love ancient greek mythology.

And the best for me is Baldur's Gate III. This is an unexpected sequel after many years and the original studio Black Isle no longer in existance, but it works great in preserving great elements while developing upon them further to modernize the experience. If you avoid save-scumming and takethe result of rolls, each started game can go differently. And you have so many options in fights, that it never ends up being the same. And the game is still only in early access and incomplete and already good.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

RolStoppable said:

Bonus question: Which 2020 releases have been your favorites? This question isn't limited to a single game, so you can give a nod to everything that stood out positively in your opinion.

Missed this; Doom Eternal is my GOTY by far, one of the best I've played in a long time.

As far as others that stood out positively, Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, Outer Worlds, and Hotshot Racing certainly did so; I expect I'll say the same for Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and Sniper Elite 4 once I get around to playing them.

Great year for games for me.. Recently played and completed Cyberpunk 2077. Then there's; The Last of Us 2, Final Fantasy VII Remake and World of Warcraft: Shadowlands.

Still have yet to play Demons Souls Remake and Ghost of Tsushima.

Quite good, I finally played less on my PS3 and more on PC.
I played more Thief I&II fan missions than any other year.
I got myself a PS4 but so far it has been a disappointment, but honestly I only got it for Spider Man and haven't bought it yet.
I finally quit Rocket League, not for good ,but I have come to terms that since it mostly makes me get angry I rather play other games.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.