By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your verdict for the gaming year 2020?

Your verdict for the gaming year 2020?

Amazing 151 17.28%

Good 228 26.09%

Decent 218 24.94%

Mediocre 124 14.19%

Subpar 47 5.38%

Bad 38 4.35%

Terrible 68 7.78%

Total:874

I voted good, but not amazing. Animal Crossing was my surprise of the year, as I never thought I would get sucked into a game like that. Xenoblade DE, REmake 3, and even Origami King have been very enjoyable to me as well.

I thoroughly enjoyed FFVIIR, even if the side quests were generic as hell. My experience with Cyberpunk has been positive as well playing in quality mode for Series X, but I feel conflicted about that because of the whole launch BS (another topic). Speaking of Series X, new hardware is also a plus!

Valhalla has been fun for the most part, but it drags on too far I feel. My biggest disappointment probably has to be TLoU2, as it also suffers from dragging on too much. The gameplay was good, but the story just felt like another generic revenge plot to me. Nothing wrong with it, I just found it boring.

Ah and who can forget the Mario 35th anniversary! I never played Sunshine or Galaxy before this year, so getting 3D All-stars was great for me.

Having said all that, with both ups and downs...there was no huge game that just blew me away like BotW, God of War, Persona 5, or Witcher 3 did. So I can't say it has been amazing.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Gaming-wise it's been great.
Though, I've mostly played titles of tha past 2 two years.

I loved Hades, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Demon's Souls Remake

I enjoyed Ghost of Tsushima.

Looking forward to play Nioh 2, immortals fenyx rising, and maybe Cyberpunk sometime next year.

I don't usually love 3 games in the same year. So I'll vote amazing.

Gotta say good, but flawed. PS4 carried this year for me thanks to many disappointments on Nintendo's end.

Best titles: Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Bug Fables was great too. But that's cheating I suppose since it was only a 2020 release for consoles. It came out on Windows last year.

It was a weaker year than 2017, 2018, and 2019. I blame that on the PS4 winding down, Nintendo's droughts, and the COVID-19 pandemic.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

This was a decent year for me.  This year I had a lot of fun playing Super Mario 35 and Age of Calamity (still playing).  I also bought Animal Crossing for my daughter.  The norm for me though is to mostly play games that are more than 1 year old.  I played a lot of really fun games this year since I was stuck at home.  But I still played 3 games from this year and that makes it decent.  There are some other games from this year that I will probably buy at some point.

Around the Network

Animal Crossing and Among us (Mainly watching streamers) was the highlight of 2020.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Mediocre for me. There were some great releases, Tlou2 and FS2020, yet the rest left me cold. Creaks was good too, however just like tlou2 I have not finished it. I currently spend all my time in FS2020 which has saved the year for me.

It's the curse of the last year in a generation. I rather way for next gen enhancements / remasters than play or finish the games now. Tlou2, I'll restart on ps5, Ghost of Tsushima, waiting for next gen release and so on.And waiting for ps5 to get in stock as well. Until then FS2020 with beat saber breaks.

FF7R, Nioh 2, Persona 5 (royal), Last of Us Part 2, Ghosts of Tsushima, Dreams... 2020 was fine.

Amazing year for gaming!

2020 Games I Bought

• Dreams
  • Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2
  • Super Mario 3D All Stars

2020 Games I intend to Buy or Play in the Future

• The Last of Us Part II
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Astro's Playroom
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake
  • Call of Duty Cold War
  • Persona 5 Royal

The PS5 and New Xbox managed to release in the middle of a major pandemic.

The one good thing about the pandemic has been giving me time at home to play games. I have played the largest amount of games in a year in my life. Many of the games were great gems I finally got a chance to catch up on including Breath of the Wild, God of War, Mario Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bioshock, etc.

Best gaming year ever as far as I'm concerned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

It was pretty good, Paper Mario The Origami King being my favorite game of the year.

Games like Ikenfell, No Straight Roads, Super Crush KO, and Streets of Rage 4 were also pretty nice. Crosscode's release on Switch if that counts.

New Horizons was underwhelming coming from New Leaf.

Conflicted with Age of Calamity so far, tho it is a fun game at least.

Some of my favorite releases of the year that aren't 2020 games were Halo 1-3 on PC, Super Mario 3D All-Stars, the Atelier Dusk DX releases of Ayesha and Escha & Logy, and The Wonderful 101.