By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your verdict for the gaming year 2020?

Your verdict for the gaming year 2020?

Amazing 151 17.28%

Good 228 26.09%

Decent 218 24.94%

Mediocre 124 14.19%

Subpar 47 5.38%

Bad 38 4.35%

Terrible 68 7.78%

Total:874

Pretty great.

Nioh 2 carried the entire year, I didn't expect it to top an already awesome Nioh. But the devs managed to pull it off and it only took them 3 years between the two releases. I would be quite ecstatic if Nioh 3 released in 2023. Other games were good too, but I want to leave the spotlight on Nioh 2, because it deserves it.

Around the Network

Subpar

Mostly played non-2020 games

I voted terrible (but then regreted my choice) but mostly because I haven't played any 2020 game this year (beside Doom Eternal).

Subpar. Between the pandemic and many studios gearing up to the next gen, very few games have interested me this year.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It was a pretty fantastic year on PlayStation! Final Fantasy VII Remake, Ghost Of Tsushima, Dreams, GOTY The Last of Us Part II.

That and the PS5 coming out strong. Can't wait to get one - hopefully they can restock soon.

Next year is shaping up to be just as good- maybe even better with potential God Of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Ratchet & Clank, GT7 all coming out.

Around the Network

Amazing. The Last of Us ll becoming my ultimate game ever and Ghost of Tsushima mesmerising me with its set pieces and visuals and Dreams for the infinite potential and Crash freakin Bandicoot 4!!

As a ps player it was good. I enjoyed maybe a bigger number of games than last year.
As a switch player it was bad. Very slow year, few games interested me, but Hades was a huge stand out.
Overall, decent.

Bonus: FF7r, TLOU2, GoT, Hades and to a lesser extent Nioh 2, Fall Guys, Spiritfarer and Crash 4.

Probably one of the worst years for gaming. Spent 95% of the time replaying games.

Summary, next gen is pointless
Waiting for next gen turned out to be pointless
Should have kept my Xbox One X instead of selling it prematurely
TLOU2 is one of the worst sequels ever made
Not a single Xbox exclusive worth paying for
Doom Eternal was great

Rocket League is still the best game ever and I discovered Yakuza. So pretty good.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I voted decent year. Nintendo had another one of their really bad years kinda like 2018, but worse. Animal Crossing and Age of Calamity were the only two Nintendo games I was interested in this year. Sure, I bought Xenoblade remake, but I've already played the hell out of the original so it gets tossed into Le Backlog.

MS as usual didn't have anything that interests me to bring to the table. At least not anything finished.

Cyberpunk was supposed to be this crazy giant epic game, and instead it's about on par with Ghost of Tsushima. But only if you don't play it on a base model console. I was expecting a 95/100 epic RPG. Still an amazing game though. Just not on the level of Mario Odyssey, or Witcher 3, or those other 95/100 games.

Sony brought good stuff this year with GoT, TLoU2, Morales, Demon's Souls, and Sackboy. Then there's games like FF7 Remake, and Nioh 2 that came out for PS4.

Also Indie devs really brought some good stuff. But they always do. Hades, Spiritfarer, Bug Fables, Hunt Down, Streets of Rage 4, etc.

Seriously though, without Sony and Indie studios this would have been an abysmal year. And I'm not trying to give props to Sony here. TLoU2 and GoT were both majorly delayed. Both those games should have been out in 2019, which would have made 2020 a pretty mild year for Sony.