By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer On Bethesda Deal, Series X/S Launch, And More

JRPGfan said:

“Is it possible to recoup a $7.5 billion investment if you don’t sell Elder Scrolls VI on the PlayStation?” I asked.
“Yes,” Spencer quickly replied.

Its gonna take awhile to recoupe those 7,5$ bn USD, if your cutting out part of sales potential.

Well it’s popular belief that every PS gamer has a cutting edge gaming PC. Therefore no biggie. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I feel bad for anyone who buys the Series S expecting next gen gaming.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
smroadkill15 said:

I'm fairly certain it's the other way around. 

I am sure playstation fans are raging and bitching all over internet because of the possibility of not getting to play the amazing playstation ports of bethesda games.

Frankly its concerning me you are forgetting the biggest rage was when FF13 went multiplatform, haven't seen meltdowns since, untill now obviously

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I find it funny that just the possibility of bethesda games continue to be on sony platforms makes some people lose sleep at night, then it comes some news saying sony will have a deal with a publisher to make some costumes in a game exclusive to playstation and its "shit on anticonsumer sony time !!!"

Exclusive Spiderman in Marvels Avengers is hardly an exclusive costume. Either way there is a difference between Xbox making a comeback and the current market leader widening their lead. 

But you have it all wrong...the many, many people hoping MS brings future Bethesda games to PS5 are the ones who might have trouble sleeping. Otherwise they wouldn’t care. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 17 October 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DirtyP2002 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I am sure playstation fans are raging and bitching all over internet because of the possibility of not getting to play the amazing playstation ports of bethesda games.

Actually yes, that is the case.

Probably on youtube. Otherwise, I can’t say I’ve encountered much people whining about it.

Personally doesn’t affect me. I’ll play it on the XBox Series X, when its comes out a few years from now.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Probably on youtube. Otherwise, I can’t say I’ve encountered much people whining about it.

Personally doesn’t affect me. I’ll play it on the XBox Series X, when its comes out a few years from now.

You have to know what to look for. Proud PS fans aren’t gonna “cry” openly on social media. We may be anonymous but people won’t openly show their salty feelings when people can easily screen cap and save their tweets for later use. 

First couple days when it was all fresh you had people loose their inhibitions on Twitter. Many of the usual haters were silent, which spoke volumes.

Saying “MS is monopolizing the industry” or the more predominant “MS needs PS to make back the money” essentially means I don’t like that I’m forced to buy a Xbox as someone who loves Bethesda games. Expressing false concern is the modern way of expressing disappointment while keeping your emotions in tact. 

I think people are deluding themselves. Microsoft did not spend $7.5 billion just so they could publish Bethesda games on PlayStation. I expect any game Sony did not make a timed exclusive arrangement with Bethesda for will not appear on PS. It's a major investment in their first party developing and publishing capabilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

sales2099 said:
Hynad said:

You have to know what to look for. Proud PS fans aren’t gonna “cry” openly on social media. We may be anonymous but people won’t openly show their salty feelings when people can easily screen cap and save their tweets for later use. 

First couple days when it was all fresh you had people loose their inhibitions on Twitter. Many of the usual haters were silent, which spoke volumes.

Saying “MS is monopolizing the industry” or the more predominant “MS needs PS to make back the money” essentially means I don’t like that I’m forced to buy a Xbox as someone who loves Bethesda games. Expressing false concern is the modern way of expressing disappointment while keeping your emotions in tact. 

I didn’t really like the move at first either. Although I never felt as strongly about the move as those you mentioned. But I was always going to get the XSX so I softened quickly to the new state of the studios transition to the MS family.

That being said, MS hasn’t done much for my taste with their acquisitions, during the current gen. I haven’t played Rare’s games for example, because frankly, they haven’t appealed to me in over a decade. So I was worried at first, keeping this in mind, and then thinking the same kind of fate would apply to Bethesda. But as far as I know, it will be the same key people that have been at the helm of these studios prior to the acquisition that will continue producing those games under the MS umbrella. 

So, again, I am now not bothered by the acquisition. I was already getting a XSX anyway, and those added exclusives are even more good reasons for it.

Hynad said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I've seen it all over the place.  Youtube, Twitter, N4g, resetera, facebook, here, etc. Yes, there's not as much whining like it was 3 weeks ago, but anytime I see it brought up, there is always a person(s) whining/denying. After this article came out yesterday, I saw another increase of this behavior. 

Granted, most have come to realization of this outcome and more will as time goes on. 

smroadkill15 said:
Hynad said:

I've seen it all over the place.  Youtube, Twitter, N4g, resetera, facebook, here, etc. Yes, there's not as much whining like it was 3 weeks ago, but anytime I see it brought up, there is always a person(s) whining/denying. After this article came out yesterday, I saw another increase of this behavior. 

Granted, most have come to realization of this outcome and more will as time goes on. 

PS fans get many [console] exclusives or timed exclusives from the likes of Square Enix (like FFVIIR, FFXIV and FFXVI) and other (mostly Japanese) third parties, so while it doesn’t exactly even things out, it at least balances part of the frustration felt on the other side. xD