By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Otter said:
konnichiwa said:

Sales possible but I feel the fans prefered the xbox versions. Morrowind is not available on Ps4, Oblivion/Fallout 3./Fallout New Vegas/original Prey are not available on PS4. And while F4 is on PS4 the xbox versions could have bigger mods (ps4 has/had a limit of 900 mb while Xbox let you go up to 2Gb).  The console bethesda community was always more positive about Xbox.   If you would have asked the bethesda community I would not be surprised that the community decided that MS buys Bethesda instead of Sony.  

The "community" is people who buy their games and  good majority have chosen to play on Playstation4 this gen over Xbox, its really that simple. 

Yes.....And how many bought Oblivion/Morrowind/Original Prey/Fallout 3/F New vegas on PS4?

I mean you can check my signature (I think) and you see I own a PS4/xbox and I am not sure but if you check on which system I played ESO/Morrowind/F3/F4/F New Vegas and so on it is all on Xbox (and PC but you can't check it with my signature).  Just like I played every Yakuza/final fantasy game on PS4 because I felt it was the best place to do so and I choose bethesda games on Xbox because it seems the best place to do so. 

Last edited by konnichiwa - on 21 September 2020

Around the Network
Marth said:
It's quite funny to see the double standard.

I remember how people were cheering when Sony acquired Insomniac. How that was an amazing move.
But when Microsoft does it everyone acts oh so concerned.

We need Nintendo to get in that game as well to complete the trifecta. Default reaction would probably be downplaying Nintendos aquisitions all the time lol.

I'm noticing it too.

There are those that are genuinely concerned and I think have a point but also those that... Well... Yeah.

d21lewis said:
vivster said:

How is this future different from how the console market is right now and always has been?

On one hand, there's making your own first party games and giving people a reason to buy your platform.

Then, there's forming partnerships and relationships with other companies so that they support or favor your platform.

This is just straight up buying another company. I don't know what M$ will do with their new acquisition but it could potentially be bad. I guess no difference that buying a company like Ninja Theory but this is Bethesda! BETHESDA!!

Ninja Theory was a smaller studio who Sony kind of abandoned after Heavenly Sword underperformed. Being purchased by MS will allow them to make their own AAA games again, so although its sucky for playtstation fans (probably the majority of their audience considering the fantasy adventure/action focus) it ultimately was good for the output of Ninja Theory and the Hell Blade II we're about to see probably wouldn't have happened.

PotentHerbs said:
Darashiva said:
This is obviously a huge deal, but the more I think about the less this really means to me personally. Bethesda has so few games that I actually care about that Xbox buying the company is somewhat irrelevant. There's Dishonored, which I greatly enjoy, and then Doom and Wolfenstein, which are good but not exactly games that I go out of my way to play. Other than that, there's not really all that much that changes for me as far as games I buy.

I think titles like Dishonored, Doom, Wolfenstein, etc, while good in their own right, don't really move the needle for the Xbox brand. However, the Fallout & Elder Scrolls IP's are huge and can move a ton of systems/subscriptions. 

I agree, they just don't mean much to me personally. Fallout and Elder Scrolls are without question the most important part of this acquisition, I just don't really care about either one, so Bethesda now being part of Xbox won't get me to buy an Xbox any more than before.

Bandorr said:
Marth said:
It's quite funny to see the double standard.

I remember how people were cheering when Sony acquired Insomniac. How that was an amazing move.
But when Microsoft does it everyone acts oh so concerned.

We need Nintendo to get in that game as well to complete the trifecta. Default reaction would probably be downplaying Nintendos aquisitions all the time lol.

Bad comparison. Look at the games Insomniac has made. Insomniac for the most part was already a Sony developer. The games that went to other systems were very, very few and far between.

Now look at the games Bethesda has made. They are a known third party that is putting games on all systems.

It's not the greatest comparison because I don't think we have anything else to really compare it too...

Closest thing would be Mojang, which turned out fine for everyone.

Around the Network

I kicked my jaw and it went under the furniture and now I can't find it.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Runa216 said:
Well this sucks. I'm not buying a 700+ CAD console for one game. My choices are to either not play a sequel to one of my all-time favourite games (Skyrim), or to pay a ludicrous amount of money to get a Console for one game (Since Microsoft has no goddamn games...apparently aside from Bethesda games, which I genuinely do like).

I could game on PC but I hate PC gaming, what with all the weird demands and expectations and factors that go into just running a game. do I have the right sound card? Video card? Controller? RAM? Processor? etc. Eh, I'll avoid that if I can. Cheaper to just buy an Xbox than get all the parts needed for that.

Bethesda games aren't demanding. If you have a Graphics card from the past 6/7 years already it doesn't matter what you have it'll run the game.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

kirby007 said:
the main issue with this is did Microsoft win a customer in @RolStoppable

Did MS buy Nintendo?

Then no.

Lot of emotions now:

Is the fake? Am I dreaming?
This is AMAZING! They own the FPS and RPG genres now.
They truly taking gaming seriously
Halo Gears Forza is officially a dead narrative!
They own gaming history as old as Doom and Wolfenstein
Xbox handily has more studios then PlayStation now
It feels nice having a sugar daddy like MS compared to the other 2 lol.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pokoko said:
dharh said:

This is pretty huge.  Fallout and Elder Scrolls is right up there with Final Fantasy for me in terms of games that define if I am going to be invested in a platform.  If a Fallout or Elder Scrolls were to become XBOX only (on the console side) I would have no choice but to get an XBoxSX.  In contrast the _only_ series that ever had me invested in the XBOX ecosystem was Halo. I got the XBONE because my friend gifted me The Master Chief Collection.

Fallout and Elder Scrolls are the most important properties in gaming for me.  That's why I'm terrified right now.

And, as a PC gamer, all I can say is that Microsoft had better not fuck up those franchises by forcing them to become "games as a service" -centric.  They've done it before and killed Lionhead as a result.  Fallout/Elder Scrolls have always been developed with mods and modding in mind, more than any other major series, and that had better not be thrown aside by Microsoft's streaming agenda.

I have absolutely zero faith or trust in Microsoft and it wouldn't surprise me to see them screw things up.  I hope that doesn't happen but Microsoft's history doesn't make me very optimistic.

Well, Bethesda was already on the way with Fallout 76, which rightfully flopped.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]