By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox acquires Bethesda

Dulfite said:
GamePass, the thing I spend $5 a month on and eventually only $10, was already an insane deal. This just adds to it in crazy ways lol. Microsoft is saving me so much money, like at least $200-300 a year I'm saving by only paying $60-120 a year to game on PC. I don't get how thisakes financial sense to them, but I'm benefiting as a consumer like crazy!

It doesn't ahaha, there's no way Game Pass makes any money. MS have money to burn they're playing the long game and it'll be profitable in a few years maybe.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Well this sucks. I'm not buying a 700+ CAD console for one game. My choices are to either not play a sequel to one of my all-time favourite games (Skyrim), or to pay a ludicrous amount of money to get a Console for one game (Since Microsoft has no goddamn games...apparently aside from Bethesda games, which I genuinely do like).

I could game on PC but I hate PC gaming, what with all the weird demands and expectations and factors that go into just running a game. do I have the right sound card? Video card? Controller? RAM? Processor? etc. Eh, I'll avoid that if I can. Cheaper to just buy an Xbox than get all the parts needed for that.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Massive news indeed! I can't wait to see what this means for all of Bethesda's IPs.

Signature goes here!

The fuck? Where did that come from?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

That's so huge omg. I'm wondering if they will keep their good relationship with Nintendo and still release like Doom eternal Switch or if it's over.
The Xbox series X is really becoming an amazing console with the deals and power. I think now they should be able to fight harder than last gen for sure.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Will read the defenses that Zenimax needed the money and that it is a good move unless it was made by Sony.

OP itself, I don`t play Bethesda games so even if all their games become first party I won`t miss a thing. Hope under MS they stop launching so much bug ridden games. And for the money paid I would say this is a much better purchase than Minecraft.

Wouldn’t be a MS thread without you in it engaging in console warz.

What an insane event. Gotta wonder what it means for future Bethesda games and where they will release. 

Otter said:
konnichiwa said:
Well this is huge....

But makes sense, The elder scrolls thanks to Morrowind always had more fans with Xbox gamers and the game will still release on PC so the devs and gamers seem to be happy.

I must say I kind of have to laugh with 20/20 (20 studios by 2020). All those Xbox gamers hating on Phil because they expect 20 studios in 2020....and then this happens;..23 fecking studios....

Does this still apply in 2020?

Plenty 360 fans moved onto PS4. VGC has Skyrim special edition selling 2x more on Playstation 4 versus Xbox One and I'm sure the gap is probably much bigger. There's no way a huge shit storm won't be kicked up if Elderscrolls or Fallout are exclusives. 

Sales possible but I feel the fans prefered the xbox versions. Morrowind is not available on Ps4, Oblivion/Fallout 3./Fallout New Vegas/original Prey are not available on PS4. And while F4 is on PS4 the xbox versions could have bigger mods (ps4 has/had a limit of 900 mb while Xbox let you go up to 2Gb).  The console bethesda community was always more positive about Xbox.   If you would have asked the bethesda community I would not be surprised that the community decided that MS buys Bethesda instead of Sony.  

ironmanDX said:
Bristow9091 said:

I find this VERY anti consumer, and I'm now no longer interested in a Series S

How is this different to Sony's acquisitions? No sunset Overdrive 2 for me?

It sucks when Sony does it, too. Hell, I read an article a month or two ago where Sony supposedly went to every third party and demanded exclusive content for every multiplat. I'll likely own both consoles but this is kinda disgusting.

Usually when two platforms compete, the customer wins. It seems like all bets are off so both companies may potentially screw everyone that doesn't support their brand.

They needed it. Drives home the fact that next gen you will have to own all 3 consoles to really get the best out of next gen. NS, PS5 and XB. The days of picking and choosing are over for folks that gamed on one console.

Thank god i never liked any Bethesda game so sticking to the NS and PS5 will be easy.

This is obviously a huge deal, but the more I think about the less this really means to me personally. Bethesda has so few games that I actually care about that Xbox buying the company is somewhat irrelevant. There's Dishonored, which I greatly enjoy, and then Doom and Wolfenstein, which are good but not exactly games that I go out of my way to play. Other than that, there's not really all that much that changes for me as far as games I buy.