By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox acquires Bethesda

DonFerrari said:

Will read the defenses that Zenimax needed the money and that it is a good move unless it was made by Sony.

OP itself, I don`t play Bethesda games so even if all their games become first party I won`t miss a thing. Hope under MS they stop launching so much bug ridden games. And for the money paid I would say this is a much better purchase than Minecraft.

doesn't play the games, mentions the bugs? you could have tried harder

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Carl said:
I'd fully expect them to be Xbox brand exclusive now.

But I'd also fully expect Xbox Game Pass to eventually make its way to competing platforms.

I don't know if Sony allows this. If they did, I might end up subscribing myself lol.

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

Will read the defenses that Zenimax needed the money and that it is a good move unless it was made by Sony.

OP itself, I don`t play Bethesda games so even if all their games become first party I won`t miss a thing. Hope under MS they stop launching so much bug ridden games. And for the money paid I would say this is a much better purchase than Minecraft.

doesn't play the games, mentions the bugs? you could have tried harder

Aren`t bethesda games being full of bug something everyone know?

From the list of their big games showed on the thread the only one I finished is Evil Within, and wasn`t interested in the sequel.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I think Microsofts end goal is to have Game Pass on every single platform and they won't have to incur the huge costs of R and D and maintaining and selling a console.

In order for games pass to be profitable this has to be the end goal.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I'm not sure why people think it'd be better if MS hold these exclusively to just Xbox/PC, Minecraft and Ori have shown that they make more by selling it on as many plats as possible. Gamepass however will be Xbox/PC only, so I can definitely see some select titles being made exclusive to that.

Either way, this isn't just some megaton, this is a gigaton of epic proportions, because Zeni is meant to be the parent company of bethesda, and well, MS just bought out not only a publisher/dev studio, but it's parent company too. This is what a Trillion dollar company can do with such power.

Years of claiming "MS has no exclusives" has pretty much led us to this moment. This is what happens when you keep that up for so long, and I think Sony is going to have to answer to this sooner, rather than later. Nintendo's more or less going to be fine, since MS and Ninty are dandy with each other.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

It is now decided. I have seen enough action from MS to decide to go with the XSX over the PS5. I will get a PS5 when GoW5 releases, but it will likely be a first party machine with XSX getting most of my western style games, and Switch getting the Japanese games that won't be on XSX. The ones that omit Switch, will likely still come to XSX. After nearly 4 full generations, I am formally leaving Sony's camp.

This could only happen in 2020...XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Holy... fucking... shit...

They better release new Fallout games on PC, those games demand mods.

But just...

Does this mean I am forced to jump to the Micro camp? O.O

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

GamePass, the thing I spend $5 a month on and eventually only $10, was already an insane deal. This just adds to it in crazy ways lol. Microsoft is saving me so much money, like at least $200-300 a year I'm saving by only paying $60-120 a year to game on PC. I don't get how thisakes financial sense to them, but I'm benefiting as a consumer like crazy!

the main issue with this is did Microsoft win a customer in @RolStoppable

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I wonder how Sony will react. This is different from a third party buying a huge publisher.

They'll either buy a bunch of smaller studios (Bluepoint, Housemarque, Ember Labs, etc) or go for a megaton like a Capcom or Square Enix acquisition. All those "Sony anti - consumer" arguments out the window now lol. Honestly, I'm kind of excited where this takes the industry this gen, I know people hate when publishers or platform holders consolidate the industry but this was bound to happen.

I think this guarantees a Games Pass price hike though.