By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox acquires Bethesda

Barkley said:
yvanjean said:
WOW... the day before Xbox Series X pre-order... darn am I going to be able to secure my pre-order tomorrow?

TBH announcing this the day before pre-orders with zero clarification on what this means for exclusivity of future Bethesda games is a master stroke.

People will preorder the Xbox over PS5 for fear of losing games like Fallout/Elderscrolls when in reality MS might not even keep those franchises of PS5 in the end anyway.

I don't think Ms will. Will it be timed? Maybe. In fact, probably. 

A lot of the games like the upcoming elder scrolls probably will release at the same time. 

Around the Network

I don't know why this confuses anyone.

Microsoft now owns Zenimax/Bethesda and ALL their IPs.

Going forward (with exception to deals made before this announcement), they will ONLY release these games on Xbox and PC. And maybe Nintendo. Their beef is with Sony. Lol, and people were feeling someway about timed exclusives lol. MS be buying publishers!

Barkley said:
yvanjean said:
WOW... the day before Xbox Series X pre-order... darn am I going to be able to secure my pre-order tomorrow?

TBH announcing this the day before pre-orders with zero clarification on what this means for exclusivity of future Bethesda games is a master stroke.

People will preorder the Xbox over PS5 for fear of losing games like Fallout/Elderscrolls when in reality MS might not even keep those franchises of PS5 in the end anyway.

I mean. Xbox Series was gonna sell out of pre orders tomorrow regardless of this announcement.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

All's fair but damn. This could potentially be really anti-consumer. Like when we had HDD vs Blu Ray and only certain movies were available on certain devices. You HAD to own both or miss out until we eventually had a winner. This is the opposite of the future I want.

Barkley said:

They'd need 6.2m people to subscribe to gamepass for a year just to cover the revenue fallout 4 alone made.

They will keep releasing Bethesda titles on other systems because they need the revenue it brings.

The only other alternative is to raise the price of gamepass.

MS know how to play the slow game. Gamepass will rise in price after they build a solid userbase.

They recently raised the price of Xbox live Gold.

Other companies slowly increase the price of their popular subscriptions too.

Netflix for reference.

Nov 2010- $7.99, <20.5m Subscribers

May 2014- $8.99, 47.99m Subscribers

Oct 2015- $9.99, 70.84m Subscribers

Oct 2017- $10.99, 110.64m Subscribers

January 2019- $12.99, 148.86m Subscribers

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
I don't know why this confuses anyone.

Microsoft now owns Zenimax/Bethesda and ALL their IPs.

Going forward (with exception to deals made before this announcement), they will ONLY release these games on Xbox and PC.

Sure, like Minecraft Dungeons?

It should not be assumed that Fallout/Elderscrolls will miss the PS5, however that is exactly the assumption MS is banking on by announcing this the day before Xbox preorders.

ironmanDX said:
Barkley said:

A lot of the games like the upcoming elder scrolls probably will release at the same time. 

Of course, they will. You don't spend $7.5B on a publisher only to be releasing its games on the platform of your primary rival.

Intrinsic said:

Going forward, they will ONLY release these games on Xbox and PC. And maybe Nintendo. 

Has that been confirmed?

Intrinsic said:
ironmanDX said:

Of course, they will. You don't spend $7.5B on a publisher only to be releasing its games on the platform of your primary rival.

IDK, Minecraft is till available on everything. I understand this deal is 3x as much but it's about as much "evidence" we have at the time.

im not sure why you guys are worried unlike Sony MS actually releases games on competing platforms

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.