By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

man no matter which way microsoft decides to proceed with this it's only a massive benefit for them, holy shit

if they let all the big games stay multiplatform similar to Minecraft = a MASSIVE boost to showing the already insane value of gamepass by moving the question to "why would I pay $70 for this on PS5 or any other place when I can get it on gamepass day 1 for $5" all while raking in all the additional revenue from sales on those other systems

if they make the games Xbox/PC exclusive = they gain an incredible variety of developers and historic IP's that could push the xbox brand heavily

i'm in shock right now

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 21 September 2020

Around the Network
Marth said:
It's quite funny to see the double standard.

I remember how people were cheering when Sony acquired Insomniac. How that was an amazing move.
But when Microsoft does it everyone acts oh so concerned.

We need Nintendo to get in that game as well to complete the trifecta. Default reaction would probably be downplaying Nintendos aquisitions all the time lol.

Well, the usual companies people *want* Nintendo to acquire are Capcom and Sega (including Atlus). Both of which would be very difficult to downplay. But apparently Nintendo prefers to create partner-projects. Which is fine by me.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Marth said:

I remember how people were cheering when Sony acquired Insomniac. How that was an amazing move.

We need Nintendo to get in that game as well to complete the trifecta. Default reaction would probably be downplaying Nintendos aquisitions all the time lol.

The only reason you know Insomniac games is because of Playstation and their work on Playstation titles. Working 90% with one platform holder and then out of nowhere making an exclusive for their competitor (Sunset Overdrive), was always questionable decision on Insomniacs side. Playstation buying them is extremely consistent and likely MS fans are not missing out on anything as Sunset Overdrive underperformed and the rest of Insomniacs output has been on Playstation IPs as per normal. If for example MS bought Remedy it would closer to the Insomniac equivalent and still not quite there

Wow... thats huge

Holy cow, that's massive! My jaw dropped!

Around the Network

This is what MS meant by the power of cloud. They get so much money from their Azure cloud services that they can afford to buy companies for billions of dollars.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Otter said:
Marth said:

The only reason you know Insomniac games is because of Playstation and their work on Playstation titles. Working 90% with one platform holder and then out of nowhere making an exclusive for their competitor (Sunset Overdrive), was always questionable decision on Insomniacs side. Playstation buying them is extremely consistent and likely MS fans are not missing out on anything as Sunset Overdrive underperformed and the rest of Insomniacs output has been on Playstation IPs as per normal. If for example MS bought Remedy it would closer to the Insomniac equivalent and still not quite there

Don't give them any ideas!

Captain_Yuri said:
This is what MS meant by the power of cloud. They get so much money from their Azure cloud services that they can afford to buy companies for billions of dollars.

As a side note (and a bit weird MS is rather quiet about it) if you want to see the power of the cloud try Flying simulator.

Ljink96 said:
This is what happens when you poke the proverbial "Xbox has no games" bear. Money talks, and if there's one thing Microsoft has it's money.

Other than Elder Scrolls and Fallout, XBOX has no gaem.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

If Starfield skips PS5 that will be a real downer as it was one of my most anticipated next gen titles.

Since MS has a baron 2021 exclusive line up this probably won't stop me from picking up a PS5 but will make me give All Access more consideriation later in the gen when these games start to manifest, I guess starting with Starfield late next year or 2022.