By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 and Pro needs to get price cuts right now!

Tagged games:

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

If they compare numbers to a next gen system than they are basically telling the consumer "Hey buy the PS4 PRO, its as powerful as the Series S" when its not, and is not even comparable in actual performance.

Are you saying the Series S is not a next gen system Don?

I knew you would just ignore everything that wasn't what you want. So does the titles run equal on Series S and X but with 1/3 of the resolution as MS have said?

Don, what does that have to do with the Series S being a next gen system? Talk about me ignoring the question when you aren't even on the same topic. Game optimization has nothing to do with weather or not a system is considered next gen. 

The Series S is a Series X with a weaker GPU and no Disk drive. Everything else is identical. 

From what i am gathering from this convo, is you think the Series S is not next gen, am i right?



Around the Network

They need to be discontinued the PS5 is the way forward.



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

I knew you would just ignore everything that wasn't what you want. So does the titles run equal on Series S and X but with 1/3 of the resolution as MS have said?

Don, what does that have to do with the Series S being a next gen system? Talk about me ignoring the question when you aren't even on the same topic. Game optimization has nothing to do with weather or not a system is considered next gen. 

The Series S is a Series X with a weaker GPU and no Disk drive. Everything else is identical. 

From what i am gathering from this convo, is you think the Series S is not next gen, am i right?

Its GPU is a lot less powerful, the CPU runs slower and it has less Ram and memory. Its definitely a bit lacklustre if you ask me. 



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

I knew you would just ignore everything that wasn't what you want. So does the titles run equal on Series S and X but with 1/3 of the resolution as MS have said?

Don, what does that have to do with the Series S being a next gen system? Talk about me ignoring the question when you aren't even on the same topic. Game optimization has nothing to do with weather or not a system is considered next gen. 

The Series S is a Series X with a weaker GPU and no Disk drive. Everything else is identical. 

From what i am gathering from this convo, is you think the Series S is not next gen, am i right?

You talk about Sony showing the specs and that being misleading (even if they don't say it is next gen or anything), but when MS directly mislead when saying it would be the same but with lower res you don't criticize.

CPU is slower, RAM is less and with less bandwidth, SSD is smaller as well.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Qwark said:

Its GPU is a lot less powerful, the CPU runs slower and it has less Ram and memory. Its definitely a bit lacklustre if you ask me. 

Lacklustre and being next gen are very different things.

DonFerrari said:

You talk about Sony showing the specs and that being misleading (even if they don't say it is next gen or anything), but when MS directly mislead when saying it would be the same but with lower res you don't criticize.

CPU is slower, RAM is less and with less bandwidth, SSD is smaller as well.

What are you on about.. MS misleading? The specs on the Series S is exactly whats in the machine, you pay for what you get. Optimizing the games is another complete topic, you are clearly spinning this. While i am clearly pointing out that the Series S is a next gen system capable of playing next gen games, something the PRO and XB1X cannot do unless a game is made cross gen.

Example: My current XB1X wont allow me to download "The Medium" from GamePass because it says incompatible hardware, now the XB1X is superior to the PS4 PRO in all aspects, figure that out. Developers are moving past old hardware, regardless if they can run them. 

I know the specs of the Series S. So are you saying the Series S is not a next gen system because the numbers are lower? Example: Teraflops 

You do know the Series S runs all the latest software that goes with the newer hardware right, which is just as important as the hardware itself! Velocity Architecture, Latest Direct X, DX Ray Tracing etc. Things the XB1X cant do, no matter how many Teraflops it has under the hood.

Oh and the Series S's CPU is light years ahead of the CPU in the PRO and X. All the stats outside the SSD being smaller (Which doesn't add anything to performance) the Series S is better in. The more important factor part to all this is which console will be playing the latest games, and i can tell you, it wont be the PRO.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 07 January 2021

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Qwark said:

Its GPU is a lot less powerful, the CPU runs slower and it has less Ram and memory. Its definitely a bit lacklustre if you ask me. 

Lacklustre and being next gen are very different things.

DonFerrari said:

You talk about Sony showing the specs and that being misleading (even if they don't say it is next gen or anything), but when MS directly mislead when saying it would be the same but with lower res you don't criticize.

CPU is slower, RAM is less and with less bandwidth, SSD is smaller as well.

What are you on about.. MS misleading? The specs on the Series S is exactly whats in the machine, you pay for what you get. Optimizing the games is another complete topic, you are clearly spinning this. While i am clearly pointing out that the Series S is a next gen system capable of playing next gen games, something the PRO and XB1X cannot do unless a game is made cross gen.

Example: My current XB1X wont allow me to download "The Medium" from GamePass because it says incompatible hardware, now the XB1X is superior to the PS4 PRO in all aspects, figure that out. Developers are moving past old hardware, regardless if they can run them. 

I know the specs of the Series S. So are you saying the Series S is not a next gen system because the numbers are lower? Example: Teraflops 

You do know the Series S runs all the latest software that goes with the newer hardware right, which is just as important as the hardware itself! Velocity Architecture, Latest Direct X, DX Ray Tracing etc. Things the XB1X cant do, no matter how many Teraflops it has under the hood.

Oh and the Series S's CPU is light years ahead of the CPU in the PRO and X. All the stats outside the SSD being smaller (Which doesn't add anything to performance) the Series S is better in. The more important factor part to all this is which console will be playing the latest games, and i can tell you, it wont be the PRO.

MS said the games on Series S would work as on Series X but with 1/3 of the framerate. On the first wave that have been far from true. But you will deviate from calling that misleading and pretend it is just optimization. Not that you haven't blamed optimization and tools for the Series X not outperforming PS5 by a lot as you were expecting before right?

So you did know that the CPU, RAM, SSD etc were weaker than Series X but occasionally forgot to mention them? But Sony would be misleading with only putting the specs of PS4Pro even if they don't say it is gen 9?

You know that there are games that Series S doesn't even have the RTX enabled? That the BC games on Series S doesn't run the X1X version even if it is stronger in all aspects as you claim? Also I have no idea where you saw myself claiming Series S isn't gen 9.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 07 January 2021

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Someone needs to look at Series S specs. It's inferior to the Xbox One X in some regards. The One X has 12GB of RAM and 326GB/s memory bandwidth. The Series S has 10GB of RAM and 224GB/s memory bandwith. It's not across the board superior in everyway like the Series X.



DonFerrari said:

MS said the games on Series S would work as on Series X but with 1/3 of the framerate. On the first wave that have been far from true. But you will deviate from calling that misleading and pretend it is just optimization. Not that you haven't blamed optimization and tools for the Series X not outperforming PS5 by a lot as you were expecting before right?

So you did know that the CPU, RAM, SSD etc were weaker than Series X but occasionally forgot to mention them? But Sony would be misleading with only putting the specs of PS4Pro even if they don't say it is gen 9?

You know that there are games that Series S doesn't even have the RTX enabled? That the BC games on Series S doesn't run the X1X version even if it is stronger in all aspects as you claim?

It all depends on optimization, i have mentioned this many times when a game doesn't run well. No idea what you are on about. And what does MS have to do with this conversation? This is about trying to place a last gen system to a new next gen system.

Yes the CPU, RAM are less than the Series X, does it need to be on par with the Series X to be next gen? And what does the size of the SSD have to do with the topic? Did you know the CPU and RAM are ahead of last gen systems? As well as having a SSD NVMe where as the last gen systems don't.

Comparing stats between the Series S/X and PS5 is different than comparing stats from a last gen system to a next gen system because they are very different systems. It would be rather stupid to compare PRO to Series S because all it does is trick consumers in thinking one is more powerful, no matter how clever you word it. Like i said with my car comparison.

Halo Infinite didn't have Ray Tracing either which was suppose to be on a PC comparable to the Series X. Means nothing. The Series S also has games that use RTX.

Did you ignore the part where i said that software is just as important as the hardware inside the machine, or did you choose to ignore that part?

You also still choose to ignore the question which i have asked many times now, do you not think the Series S is a next gen system? 

Last edited by Azzanation - on 07 January 2021

Darc Requiem said:

Someone needs to look at Series S specs. It's inferior to the Xbox One X in some regards. The One X has 12GB of RAM and 326GB/s memory bandwidth. The Series S has 10GB of RAM and 224GB/s memory bandwith. It's not across the board superior in everyway like the Series X.

It doesn't matter because future next gen games don't run on XB1X, they wont be compatible unlike the with the Series S which is the entire point of the discussion.

Also Series S uses GDDR6, XB1X uses GDDR5.



I bought a ps4 a long time ago, so I don't care how much they costs today, given I am not in the market. I also suspect Sony is fine if the ps4 dies hard, they have moved on to the ps5.