Forums - Movies Discussion - Netflix Loses Millions of Subscriptions Over Controversial Film, "Cuties" For Sexploiting Children

eva01beserk said:
SvennoJ said:

City of God is one of my top 10 movies, very well critiqued and has children acting out very violent things.

But the violence is not real. As you said acting out. There is actual erotic dancing here. There is zooming and focusing so much on actual minors privates. 

They are acting out erotic dancing...

There is a distinction. You say it's actual erotic dancing, I don't see it. Nor do I see that kid actually killing someone. Maybe it's a compliment to the actors, it looks too real.

Around the Network

The moral issues are quite big when you think about it. Like litteraly the corporate exploitation of minors for their platform gain.
Yet, I'm not surprised this has actually happened since Netflix doesn't respond to any upper organism for regulations.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Netflix didn't make this movie...it's simply a movie available on their platform. It's like going to the supermarket and getting pissed at the store for having dildos available.

I wouldn't put dildos in my grocery store but some people like dildos.

OhNoYouDont said:
Netflix didn't make this movie...it's simply a movie available on their platform. It's like going to the supermarket and getting pissed at the store for having dildos available.

What a strange analogy. I doubt there is a single grocery store on  the planet that sells dildos, and if there was one, there would definitely be alot of people who shop with their kids complaining to the manager. 

shikamaru317 said:
OhNoYouDont said:

What a strange analogy. I doubt there is a single grocery store on  the planet that sells dildos, and if there was one, there would definitely be alot of people who shop with their kids complaining to the manager. 

What about a dildo store that stocks groceries?

Around the Network
OhNoYouDont said:

lol you made me google that, Walmart actually sells dildos in store.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/adult-toys/N-12+8255

In the US they sell guns at Walmart...

But yeah being pissed at Netflix. TV and radio stations always have disclaimers at the start of programs and movies. Though, they also have complaint committees and ratings of course. Glad to get uncensored stuff on Netflix, booooh uncensored stuff on Netflix! Make up your mind people.

this really could not happen at a better time. The new season of south park starts sometime this month. This has to be their opening.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Honestly most of this backlash was based of a poster, little to do with contents of the film. For that reason I blame netflix and their US marketing arm. Very unfortunate for the film maker

That's disgusting! And there's that other Netflix show "puppies murder" (hope that not rue)
WTF happened to Netflix?!? It as if satanists took over Nexflix or something!

To me the weirdest thing about this is the realisation that people actually think twerking is sexy. Like... WTF?

I've always thought it was one of the stupid things that weirdos do. I mean shouldn't the default response to that be "WTF are you doing, weirdo?" rather than "wow, that's sexy"?

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702