By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed launch titles for Xbox Series X | S

Skeeuk said:

you have to laugh every time they say thousands of games to play across 4 generations

It's as though they only care about new gamers, to come in and join the ecosystem. But for those wanting new experiences and have caught up in games they wanted to play, need to wait.

Around the Network

I will say, the launch lineup isn't as impressive after Halo Infinite was delayed.

With that said, I'm okay with the lineup now. Gears Tactics and then Cyberpunk 2077 releasing a few days later will keep me busy for sometime. Along with my backlog of games all being BC, and whatever is on Gamepass, I'll be good until the next big game release.

epicurean said:

Everything you say is accurate, but its still disappointing there isn't something flashy and new. I felt burned by the XOne generations lack of exclusives, so by not having something out of the gate it just continues to make me leery and hold off.

Obviously that won't be the case for everyone, especially if you only plan on buying one console and the Xbox is your brand of choice. And with all the studio acquisitions you know eventually there will be some. But I'm waiting for a reason this time as opposed to last gen. So mad at myself at jumping the gun last gen hoping for certain titles that never came. 

I agree, its valid to be disappointed by MS's lack of content at launch. I likely would have ignored him had he simply had your views. I was responding to bad ideas when its clear people are pretty hyped about this new hardware regardless of the lack of launch exclusives.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

shikamaru317 said:

We have a finalized list now it seems:

• Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla (4K, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery)
  • Bright Memory (4K, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Console Exclusive)
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition (4K, HDR, 120 FPS, Ray Tracing)
  • Dirt 5 (4K, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery)
  • The Falconeer (4K, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive)
  • FIFA 21 (4K, HDR, 60 FPS, Dual Entitlement)
  • Fortnite (4K)
  • Forza Horizon 4 (4K, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Xbox Game Pass)
  • Gears 5 (4K, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Xbox Game Pass)
  • Gears Tactics (4K, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Xbox Game Pass)
  • Haven (4K, Xbox Game Pass)
  • Madden NFL 21 (4K, HDR, Dual Entitlement)
  • Maneater (4K, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • Marvel’s Avengers (4K, HDR, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • NBA 2K21 (4K, HDR)
  • Observer: System Redux (4K, HDR, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (4K, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Xbox Game Pass)
  • RPG Time: The Legend of Wright (Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive)
  • Samurai Shodown (4K)
  • Sea of Thieves (4K, HDR, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
  • Tetris Effect: Connected (4K, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Game Pass)
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (4K, HDR, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
  • WRC 9 (4K, Smart Delivery)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (4K, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Next-Gen Console Timed Exclusive)
  • Just Dance 2021* (Smart Delivery, launching November 12)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops – Cold War** (4K, HDR, 120 FPS, Ray Tracing, launching November 13)

https://xboxera.com/2020/10/01/xbox-series-launch-day-titles/

Thanks. I added missing games.

Added Borderlands 3.

Around the Network

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is now a Day 1 purchase for me now. Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla & Yakuza: Like a Dragon are the two games I'll pick on launch day.

I plan on getting one in January, but it really is a laughable lineup. Some of those franchises I have officially put my foot down for good aswell so it really is slim pickings.

But, I greatly respect the push towards backpat. MS lead the way on this one. No other console launched with this much focus on backpat right out of the gate. 

Last edited by foodfather - on 13 October 2020

foodfather said:

I plan on getting one in January, but it really is a laughable lineup. Some of those franchises I have officially put my foot down for good aswell so it really is slim pickings.

But, I greatly respect the push towards backpat. MS lead the way on this one. No other console launched with this much focus on backpat right out of the gate. 

Bold: I see your point, if you're basing this on the upgrades that some BC games will get. Though PS3 launched with BC for the complete libraries of both PS1 and PS2. XBX has BC for XB1, 25% of 360's library, and 41 out of the 1001 original Xbox games.

It's better than PS5's BC but it can be argued whether it's the most complete BC of all time.

Respect to all differing opinions, but for my taste, this lineup is brutally dull. Will not be getting an XSX or S anytime soon, but hopefully MSFT can convince me in the next few years with some good games. I got burned pretty bad on my XBO purchase. But MSFT is definitely playing to win now.

Curious...why did you list games like FH4, Gears 5, and SoT, since they’re just XBO games? Is there something special about them over other backwards compatible games for XSX?

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 13 October 2020

People need to raise their standards abit higher. These minor enhancements to old games doesn't alter the fact it's an abysmal launch. People should be on twitter giving xbox ceo a hard time about it.