By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed launch titles for Xbox Series X | S

ironmanDX said:
KratosLives said:
pretty pathetic. A launch system with no killer exclusive. Nothing t oshow off the console's power. What has this world come to...

Dude... Why?

Why not? Am I wrong?

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
ironmanDX said:

Dude... Why?

Why not? Am I wrong?

Well, considering the ps5's killer launch exclusive to show off the consoles power is 1440p, I wouldn't say wrong... Hypocritical though.

PS5 Demon’s Souls Misses 4K 60FPS Next Gen Benchmark, Digital Foundry Reports

ironmanDX said:
KratosLives said:

Why not? Am I wrong?

Well, considering the ps5's killer launch exclusive to show off the consoles power is 1440p, I wouldn't say wrong... Hypocritical though.

PS5 Demon’s Souls Misses 4K 60FPS Next Gen Benchmark, Digital Foundry Reports

I couldn't care if a game ran at 1080p. Increase of resolution is wasted gpu space that could be utilized elsewhere. But at what point did I mention ps5??? 

coolbeans said:
Shiken said:
So no better or worse than the PS4 and X1 lineup then, gotcha.

I'd say slightly better than both of their launches, but I wasn't a big fan of what I played back then.

Really? Xbox One had quite a few big titles like Killer Instinct, Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 from 1st/third parties.

There isn't anything big like that for Series S/X. Halo Infinite was going to be that title but that got delayed. Gears Tactics is probably the biggest game and that game came out in April.

Last edited by hinch - on 29 September 2020

usually purchase new systems day 1. This generation will be a little late than normal for me. 

steve

Around the Network

True, but launch titles usually are. But at least they tried. Microsoft put all their eggs in the basket for Infinite and that didn't quite work out.

I remember back in 2013 that there was so lots of people excited for those 3 titles as they were 'next gen' and gave you a look into them. Ryse was a benchmark in graphics for consoles and still looks great today. Granted that Gears 5 and Tactics are great games those are ports and there is Yakuza: Like A Dragon (which also looks great) there isn't a big (new) AAA launch with it that Xbox usually brings every gen.

PS4 launch was bad though, it launch with Killzone: Shadowfall which was 1st party and a new entry.

Definitely, that's what missing from both consoles tbh. A true standout game that truly cannot be done one last gen hardware at launch. Still, I'm looking forward to the next gen consoles launches and third parties are stepping it up too!

Lol yeah Knack... I still wonder what the hell were they thinking.

KratosLives said:
ironmanDX said:

Dude... Why?

Why not? Am I wrong?

Probably.

What was the PS2's killer app? X-Box 360? Nintendo DS? PS4? PS3? 

If you're saying "what has this world come to", it implies that past systems have always, or at least usually, had killer apps available at launch.

So, how are you defining killer app, and what have those killer apps been for past systems? If you can't come up with a decent answer to that, then the comment kind of seems trolly.

JWeinCom said:
KratosLives said:

Why not? Am I wrong?

Probably.

What was the PS2's killer app? X-Box 360? Nintendo DS? PS4? PS3? 

If you're saying "what has this world come to", it implies that past systems have always, or at least usually, had killer apps available at launch.

So, how are you defining killer app, and what have those killer apps been for past systems? If you can't come up with a decent answer to that, then the comment kind of seems trolly.

The PS2 actually had a very strong launch. A lot of which were exclusive.

Most other consoles I agree. Not the OG Xbox (Halo CE) mind and most definitely not the PS2. He was a bit hyperbolic though. The new Xbox launch lineup is looking like one of the weaker Xbox launches in recent history - particularly if you count new first/second party or exclusive third party games.

Last edited by hinch - on 29 September 2020

Idd, the game clearly was rushed for launch. Though the delay also means there it does leave a big hole in their launch lineup. But yeah I guess it won't matter to a lot of people since games like AC/WD Legion will be enough and can look forward to Cyberpunk and COD in the same month. Still, its pretty eh compared to their other launches *shrugs*.