By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed launch titles for Xbox Series X | S

That’s right. I thought Bright Memory: Infinite would’ve been ready by launch day but Demon’s Soul takes the cake deservedly!

Around the Network

Looking back on the Xbone launch and early days of PS4, the software was very lacking. My first Xbone game was Dead Rising 3, and it was entertaining, but it didn't really push any envelopes. The most next gen thing about it was the amount of zombies on screen at once, that blew away the previous gen. But compare it to something like Day's Gone, which is also open world, looks better, and also has a ton of zombies on screen. Games advance so much during a generation, imho it's pointless to expect to be blown away at launch. I got an Xbone because Titanfall was around the corner, and it sure didn't look special graphically. I wanted it because it looked amazing from a gameplay perspective (and it was, GOTG).

But at launch, Xbone had:

Forza 5, at 79 meta. I got this a year later and it was clear it was a rushed launch title.
Ryse, at 60 meta. This was my third Xbone game. It was a perfect launch title. Short, but showed off amazing graphics. Nothing spectacular, just a solid title.
Ass Creed, 83 meta on the PS4 version. Seems like a solid third party title. I never played it.
Battlefield 4, at 81 meta. I played this down the line. It was decent.
CoD Ghosts, at 78 meta. Doodoo game.
NBA/FIFA - good sports titles that I was not into.
Madden/NBA Live - doodoo sports titles that I was into.
Need for Speed - a solid port of the previous gens NFS title.
Zoo Tycoon - didn't even bother.
Peggle 2 - GOTG behind Titanfall

XSX/S is scheduled to launch with, or coming right after launch:

Gears Tactics (81 meta on PC)
Tetris Effect Connected (89 meta on PS4)
Ass Creed Valhalla (should be better than Black Flag)
CoD Black Ops (should be better than Ghosts)
Dirt 5 (should be better than FM5 and NFS)
DMC5 HD (89 meta for the original game)
Bright Memory (90% on Steam)
Watch Dogs Legion
Madden
NBA 2K
Yasnoozea Like a Dragon
Crossfire X
12 Minutes
The Medium
The Ascent
Scorn
Shredders
Outriders
Puyo Tetris 2

Among many others. Plus free upgrades to existing games like Gears 5 and Horizon 4 among others. Regardless of whether you want to emphasize whether games push next gen or not, it's pretty obvious the launch lineup exceeds what we saw at the start of this gen from either console. The third party lineup alone is way better. And I didn't even mention Cyberpunk.

This is the bias talking, but I think it’s fact that most launch lineups never really had a killer app. Launch lineups are multiplats, cross gen with some exclusive content sprinkled in. Xbox has Gears Tactics, The Medium, Crossfire X which stand out to me. With everything else it’s lineup is fine. It sucks as a fan but from a business point of view having games like Halo Infinite and Flight SIM (console) delayed into 2021 is a blessing. When launch momentum dies its these games that will keep it going.

I also believe cross gen and backwards compatibility matters mostly in the first year. After that people move on and settle in. In this regard Xbox is more then prepared. God knows I still have several Xbox One games to finish after the gen starts.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

LudicrousSpeed said:

Looking back on the Xbone launch and early days of PS4, the software was very lacking. My first Xbone game was Dead Rising 3, and it was entertaining, but it didn't really push any envelopes. The most next gen thing about it was the amount of zombies on screen at once, that blew away the previous gen. But compare it to something like Day's Gone, which is also open world, looks better, and also has a ton of zombies on screen. Games advance so much during a generation, imho it's pointless to expect to be blown away at launch. I got an Xbone because Titanfall was around the corner, and it sure didn't look special graphically. I wanted it because it looked amazing from a gameplay perspective (and it was, GOTG).

Forza 5, at 79 meta. I got this a year later and it was clear it was a rushed launch title.
Ryse, at 60 meta. This was my third Xbone game. It was a perfect launch title. Short, but showed off amazing graphics. Nothing spectacular, just a solid title.
Ass Creed, 83 meta on the PS4 version. Seems like a solid third party title. I never played it.

Watch Dogs Legion
Madden
NBA 2K
Yasnoozea Like a Dragon
Crossfire X
12 Minutes
The Medium
The Ascent
Scorn
Shredders
Outriders
Puyo Tetris 2

Among many others. Plus free upgrades to existing games like Gears 5 and Horizon 4 among others. Regardless of whether you want to emphasize whether games push next gen or not, it's pretty obvious the launch lineup exceeds what we saw at the start of this gen from either console. The third party lineup alone is way better. And I didn't even mention Cyberpunk.

Is there any series x game that is console exclusive?  I can't see why they'd release a console this november.

KratosLives said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Watch Dogs Legion
Madden
NBA 2K
Yasnoozea Like a Dragon
Crossfire X
12 Minutes
The Medium
The Ascent
Scorn
Shredders
Outriders
Puyo Tetris 2

Is there any series x game that is console exclusive?  I can't see why they'd release a console this november.

The first game I listed is console exclusive. So is Crossfire, The Medium, Scorn, The Ascent, and others.

Around the Network

I mean, for me, its there being a new 1st party game you can't get on an old console as well. I guess Demon's Souls doesn't even fit that as its a remake, but at least its from the ground up. Is Sackboy on PS4, too? Not sure.

I don't see anything in the Xbox library, but I'm not sure on some of those smaller games. I'm not trying to be fanboyish, but it just seems like usually there's a few games at launch. Even if its Perfect Dark: Zero or Ryse, they were at least new and shiny. Something to be excited about. I bought but never played Gears 5, so I guess I could do that. Never bought the game from Remedy either and wouldn't mind playing it. But feel like I'm reaching for a reason to buy, which I promised myself I wouldn't do. :)

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

coolbeans said:
epicurean said:
I mean, for me, its there being a new 1st party game you can't get on an old console as well. I guess Demon's Souls doesn't even fit that as its a remake, but at least its from the ground up. Is Sackboy on PS4, too? Not sure.

Yes, Sackboy's Big Adventure is PS4/PS5.  Destruction All-Stars (which looks promising) is PS5.

Gotcha. I already have a PS5 preordered as I loved Demon's Souls. Just can't justify getting an Xbox too when there's no new big exclusive on it. Hopefully once it starts getting some of its bigger titles out I can pick one up.

KratosLives said:

MS already said all their content will be cross gen for a period so there really shouldn't be an expectation of exclusives.

Furthermore, the ports optimized for Series S/X should be overall more polished, better performing, and it will also vastly improve a good number of last gen games as well.

Pre-orders appear to be going well so delaying the platform until they gets some exclusives, something MS isn't focused on at the moment, is simply moronic. Its better to have their new console on the marketing competing and growing its userbase than a pointless delay. The best selling games in 2013 and 2014 were cross gen, it will probably be much the same for 2020 and 2021.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
KratosLives said:

MS already said all their content will be cross gen for a period so there really shouldn't be an expectation of exclusives.

Furthermore, the ports optimized for Series S/X should be overall more polished, better performing, and it will also vastly improve a good number of last gen games as well.

Pre-orders appear to be going well so delaying the platform until they gets some exclusives, something MS isn't focused on at the moment, is simply moronic. Its better to have their new console on the marketing competing and growing its userbase than a pointless delay. The best selling games in 2013 and 2014 were cross gen, it will probably be much the same for 2020 and 2021.

Everything you say is accurate, but its still disappointing there isn't something flashy and new. I felt burned by the XOne generations lack of exclusives, so by not having something out of the gate it just continues to make me leery and hold off.

Obviously that won't be the case for everyone, especially if you only plan on buying one console and the Xbox is your brand of choice. And with all the studio acquisitions you know eventually there will be some. But I'm waiting for a reason this time as opposed to last gen. So mad at myself at jumping the gun last gen hoping for certain titles that never came. 

you have to laugh every time they say thousands of games to play across 4 generations

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...