By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed launch titles for Xbox Series X | S

TIL doubling frame rates is a minor enhancement.

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
People need to raise their standards abit higher. These minor enhancements to old games doesn't alter the fact it's an abysmal launch. People should be on twitter giving xbox ceo a hard time about it.

Oh yes, because you or anyone on twitter is really going to make a difference in this instance. I think it's become abundantly clear Xbox is really trying to improve their 1st party output ie adding 17 studios to their roster in 2 years. It sucks that Halo Infinite was delayed, but it is what it is. The launch games of a console won't dictates how the rest of the generation is going to unfold. 

KratosLives said:
People need to raise their standards abit higher. These minor enhancements to old games doesn't alter the fact it's an abysmal launch. People should be on twitter giving xbox ceo a hard time about it.

Nah. People know that better games will come down the road.

PS4's launch lineup was also abysmal and it didn't even have BC to fall back on. But its exclusive library improved over time as well.

KratosLives said:

Meh, people buy for the future. 

Series X is more powerful so better multiplats, improves your old games, more generations of BC, Game Pass value is unmatched, and IPs that are guaranteed to come to Xbox going forward/day 1 Game Pass. Did you hear MS bought Bethesda? 

I can tell you most people who bought PS4, didn’t do so for Knack and Killzone. It was for the promise of what was to come. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Which games are actually getting a physical release in stores?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Here is all of the launch window (2020) and already released games I could find with Xbox One/Xbox Series dual packaging:

• Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War
  • Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
  • Dirt 5
  • The Falconeer
  • FIFA 21
  • Fortnite
  • Gears Tactics
  • Immortals: Fenyx Rising
  • Madden NFL 21
  • Maneater
  • Minecraft Dungeons: Hero Edition
  • Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate Edition
  • Mortal Shell
  • NBA 2K21
  • Overcooked: All You Can Eat Edition
  • Override 2 Super Mech League: Ultraman Deluxe Edition
  • Planet Coaster: Console Edition
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
  • Star Wars Squadrons
  • Watch Dogs Legion
  • WRC 9
  • Yakuza Like A Dragon

Note: A few of the above games with dual XB1/Xbox Series packaging don't have Xbox Series graphical updates, and are just the Xbox One version (Series S) or Xbox One X version (Xbox Series X) playing on Xbox Series through backwards compatibility. Star Wars Squadrons I know for sure doesn't have an Xbox Series graphical update.

But even if the packaging doesn't say Series X on it, you can still use your old disc and download the free Series X update for the following already released games which are confirmed to be getting Series X graphical updates in 2020:

• Borderlands 3
  • Marvel's Avengers
  • Control: Deluxe Edition (standard edition does not get a free next-gen upgrade)
  • Dead By Daylight
  • Destiny 2
  • Gears 5
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Rainbow Six Siege
  • Sea of Thieves

This is my copy of Wastelands 3 with duel messaging.  Nothing on it about being enhanced for it though.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

KratosLives said:

Funny. That's exactly how I feel every time I see footage of that Spiderman remaster.

chakkra said:
KratosLives said:

Funny. That's exactly how I feel every time I see footage of that Spiderman remaster.

If it weren't for demon's souls I wouldn't want a ps5 on launch. 

KratosLives said:
chakkra said:

Fair enough, but the thing you seem to fail to realize is that everybody is different and have different tastes. Demon Souls is the reason FOR YOU, but for others will be Spiderman, for others might even be Sackboy, for others will be the ability to play Cyberpunk or COD in 1440p/60FPS, etc, etc. That's why I find it highly distasteful when someone comes in here saying "it's an abysmal launch." Like, it might be an abysmal launch FOR YOU, but you don't get to say what others should or should not be excited about.

chakkra said:
KratosLives said:

Fair enough, but the thing you seem to fail to realize is that everybody is different and have different tastes. Demon Souls is the reason FOR YOU, but for others will be Spiderman, for others might even be Sackboy, for others will be the ability to play Cyberpunk or COD in 1440p/60FPS, etc, etc. That's why I find it highly distasteful when someone comes in here saying "it's an abysmal launch." Like, it might be an abysmal launch FOR YOU, but you don't get to say what others should or should not be excited about.

People can be excited for what they want, but it doesn't change the fact that it could have been launched with better games. You can either put up with it or make your voice heard so things change for the better. Halo was always an xbox one game, having it launch as a series x game wouldn't make much difference. We should be getting great games built for next gen, for launch, or atleast a taste of what't to come, and higher resolution and fps to older games or multiplats isn't good enough, this is how it should be for all next gen releases.  As for ps5, it's got its exclusives on launch, but demon's souls is what saves it, as everything else looks like a ps4 game. Lbp3 looks next gen, but I don't know if it's a fully fledged game or something low budget.