By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed launch titles for Xbox Series X | S

Signalstar said:
Pok87 said:

I've added Destiny 2: Beyond Light.

One great exclusive game is better than 100 indies/ports.

With Halo it would be a perfect launch, but now it will only be good/average.

What was the great exclusive launch game on Switch? BOTW was multiplat and available on Wii U the same day.

WiiU was already a dead console by then. And that's why BotW made the Switch sell brilliantly, and WiiU sales didn't really jump. The same would be with Halo Infinite.

Imagine how the Switch would sell if BotW and Mario Kart 8 were also released on the same day on PC, Xbox One and Ps4. People wouldn't have any special motivation to buy a new Nintendo console (unless they were keen on portable gaming). Rather, they'd go for the console version they already have.

However, what matters most, is exclusive on the new generation. If Cyberpunk was released only on one new generation console, it would be a huge advantage for this console, despite the premiere also on the old generation.



Around the Network

Not one single game I'd buy even if I had the hardware already. Well, maybe Gears..

I guess the hardware has to be the star because that library lacks luster.



Twitter: @d21lewis

In fact, I thought we would now see a announcement of XSX|S games almost every day, until the full launch lineup is revealed. Meanwhile, it quickly grew quiet...



Added Observer: System Redux.

Hopefully we'll get to know more games soon.



When are we going to get more info on AC Valhalla for Xbox Series X is this game really not going to support 4K-60FPS?

How many of these games are going to cost $69.99?



Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Pok87 said:

I've added Destiny 2: Beyond Light.

One great exclusive game is better than 100 indies/ports.

With Halo it would be a perfect launch, but now it will only be good/average.

What was the great exclusive launch game on Switch? BOTW was multiplat and available on Wii U the same day.

1-2-Switch and Super Bomberman R obviously. Not one great exclusive, two!!!! (-;



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

yvanjean said:

When are we going to get more info on AC Valhalla for Xbox Series X is this game really not going to support 4K-60FPS?

How many of these games are going to cost $69.99?

I think you didn't keep up with the news:

https://www.windowscentral.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-runs-4k-60-xbox-series-x-ubisoft



Pok87 said:
In fact, I thought we would now see a announcement of XSX|S games almost every day, until the full launch lineup is revealed. Meanwhile, it quickly grew quiet...

eh the number is already comparable to other console launches. I wouldn't expect too many more announcements.



Barozi said:
Pok87 said:
In fact, I thought we would now see a announcement of XSX|S games almost every day, until the full launch lineup is revealed. Meanwhile, it quickly grew quiet...

eh the number is already comparable to other console launches. I wouldn't expect too many more announcements.

From xbox.com:

"We have plenty to keep you busy until Chief arrives: There will be thousands of games to play, spanning four generations, when Xbox Series X launches globally this November and over 100 optimized for Xbox Series X titles, built to take full advantage of our most powerful console, are planned for this year. And with brand new console features like hardware-accelerated Direct X raytracing, framerates up to 120 frames per second, faster loading times, and Quick Resume for multiple games, playing will look and feel better, no matter which games you choose to play on day one.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/11/xbox-series-x-launching-with-thousands-of-games/



Even if I owned a Series X the only game I would buy in that list is AC Valhalla.

And I'm torn on supporting scummy executives at Ubisoft so that's a hard maybe.



PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'