By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed launch titles for Xbox Series X | S

Lets be real, any console launch is better than the Switch. BOTW was quality, but you need quantity too.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Honestly, that is pretty snooze worthy.... But I haven't seen a launch lineup that wasn't...

Dreamcast had a great launch lineup. Switch too depending on how you want to look beyond Day 1. 

VAMatt said:
The fall Destiny expansion launches the same day, and will be on Gamepass. I'm assuming we're getting the next gen version that day. I think that's a critical component of the next gen XB launch, considering the loss of Halo.

I've added Destiny 2: Beyond Light.

Jranation said:
Lets be real, any console launch is better than the Switch. BOTW was quality, but you need quantity too.

One great exclusive game is better than 100 indies/ports.

With Halo it would be a perfect launch, but now it will only be good/average.

Pok87 said:
VAMatt said:
The fall Destiny expansion launches the same day, and will be on Gamepass. I'm assuming we're getting the next gen version that day. I think that's a critical component of the next gen XB launch, considering the loss of Halo.

Jranation said:

Is exclusive a game genre, student debt forgiveness or what? 
There is no exclusive game on launch window of these consoles, that generates more enthusiasm than Cyberpunk. There will be nothing exclusive that will capture the masses like COD, FIFA and NBA2K. 
Remember, the most played game probably this year on PlayStation is Fall Guys, which probably have a better attach ratio than anything Sony released this year. 
The launch line up, at least for Xbox, is fantastic. 🙂

Pok87 said:
VAMatt said:

Jranation said:

What was the great exclusive launch game on Switch? BOTW was multiplat and available on Wii U the same day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Most consoles don't have a great launch lineup. Switch with Breath of the Wild is one of the few exceptions. No Halo certainly hurts the lineup at launch, but the console will be sold out through the holiday season. Let's hope Halo Infinite launches in March or April 2021 OR Microsoft has another heavy hitter ready for early 2021. If not, sales will drop a fair amount.

I'd much rather them bring up Forza Horizon 5 into that window if it's anywhere near ready. I'd trust the team at Playgraound to get it prepared in time, whereas the Halo Infinite team needs as long as they can get.

If they're working on two different builds for Horizon 5 similar to Horizon 2, they can even push the Xbone version back a couple months, while prioritising getting it out early for SeriesX|S.

Signalstar said:
Pok87 said:

What was the great exclusive launch game on Switch? BOTW was multiplat and available on Wii U the same day.

WiiU was already a dead console by then. And that's why BotW made the Switch sell brilliantly, and WiiU sales didn't really jump. The same would be with Halo Infinite.

Imagine how the Switch would sell if BotW and Mario Kart 8 were also released on the same day on PC, Xbox One and Ps4. People wouldn't have any special motivation to buy a new Nintendo console (unless they were keen on portable gaming). Rather, they'd go for the console version they already have.

However, what matters most, is exclusive on the new generation. If Cyberpunk was released only on one new generation console, it would be a huge advantage for this console, despite the premiere also on the old generation.

Not one single game I'd buy even if I had the hardware already. Well, maybe Gears..

I guess the hardware has to be the star because that library lacks luster.

In fact, I thought we would now see a announcement of XSX|S games almost every day, until the full launch lineup is revealed. Meanwhile, it quickly grew quiet...

Added Observer: System Redux.

Hopefully we'll get to know more games soon.