By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendos holiday 2020

Tagged games:

Animal Crossing, Ring Fit and Mario 3D All-Stars will carry the Switch this holiday.

That's a killer lineup.

Around the Network

Passable from my point of view. From a commercial POV however, i'm sure it will be more than enough, Mario allstars is going to be massive, if Amazon is any indicator! Regardless of whether the SW fits my tastes, the mass market will eat it up. Also, i'm pretty sure another game will be shown for December, be it Snap or something so far unannounced.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I think Nintendo will do fine. This line-up is nowhere near as bad as their GameCube 2005 holiday line-up of:

Fire Emblem
Super Mario Strikers
Pokemon XD

It was pitiful.

Snesboy said:
I think Nintendo will do fine. This line-up is nowhere near as bad as their GameCube 2005 holiday line-up of:

Fire Emblem
Super Mario Strikers
Pokemon XD

It was pitiful.

Probably their worst holiday lineup ever.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Snesboy said:

Fire Emblem
Super Mario Strikers
Pokemon XD

It was pitiful.

That's hardly fair. That might be a light line-up, but it's not an accurate comparison. Nintendo also had holiday releases in 2005 on GBA and DS. Switch is Nintendo's only dedicated platform, and only in the middle of its life. We should expect more from Nintendo's only platform halfway through its life.

I won't debate that Nintendo has titles that will make a lot of money this holiday season. But none of them have the oomph that Super Mario Odyssey, Super Smash Bros., and Pokemon have. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

That's hardly fair. That might be a light line-up, but it's not an accurate comparison. Nintendo also had holiday releases in 2005 on GBA and DS. Switch is Nintendo's only dedicated platform, and only in the middle of its life. We should expect more from Nintendo's only platform halfway through its life.

I won't debate that Nintendo has titles that will make a lot of money this holiday season. But none of them have the oomph that Super Mario Odyssey, Super Smash Bros., and Pokemon have. 

Ha! You're right. GBA, DS, and GameCube all existed as current gen retail offerings, at the same time!  Nintendo only really had holidays 2017 to support both the 3DS and Switch. If you check the dates for the 3DS games here you can count the 2017 holiday titles, that Nintendo offered, for 3DS. https://opencritic.com/browse/3ds/2017/date

I think they will all sell pretty well, but obviously ud prefer to have 1 game sell 5mill over the holiday than 4 combined. Those numbers are for concept purposes, not some prediction. Also none of the titles are real system sellers imo. Wouldnt be surprised if 10do pulls out some back catalog marketing.

Given that I wouldn't be surprised if the pandemic pushed back a few release dates, I have no complaints about the holiday lineup. I am still expecting more announcements for this year though, big or small.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Snesboy said:

Fire Emblem
Super Mario Strikers
Pokemon XD

It was pitiful.

Oh man, are we talking sales or preference?  Cuz 2008's combo of animal crossing city folk and wii music is pretty bad. Id def prefer strikers and fire emblem over those ez.

People made a good point here

In past Nintendo had 2/3 systems to support at the same time at the handhelds were usually the most successful of the bunch, now they only have one

Sure, some can argue portable games are less demanding to develop than home console games, but so are those ports/remasters