By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit - Thoughts?

curl-6 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
I find it very interesting and a great use of enhanced reality. But first I want to know the price of an entire kit.

Pretty sure it's $100 USD isn't it? https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/3/21419025/mario-kart-live-home-circuit-nintendo-switch-ar-remote-control

That's for the basic kit. I think what he means is the price to get a second kart as well (or third, fourth - IF it supports that many. Pretty sure only 2 players - particularly based on that presentation - but IIRC they haven't made that officially clear yet...).

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
curl-6 said:

Pretty sure it's $100 USD isn't it? https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/3/21419025/mario-kart-live-home-circuit-nintendo-switch-ar-remote-control

That's for the basic kit. I think what he means is the price to get a second kart as well (or third, fourth - IF it supports that many. Pretty sure only 2 players - particularly based on that presentation - but IIRC they haven't made that officially clear yet...).

Did some quick research and got the answers.

https://mklive.nintendo.com/

It's one player per Switch. Period. That said, it can be up to four players - but that requires networking Switches together and for each player to own their own complete setup - effectively, each player has to have bought the full kit.

So, in my case, with my wife and two kids, I would have to spend $400 to get a 'full' setup.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I've ordered a copy for my little brother for his 30th birthday. He's feeling down as he knows he can't have a party with his friends due to the pandemic and he's feeling bad about his 20s ending, hopefully this will cheer him up, it's the sort of thing he tends to love.

nvm

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 05 September 2020

I love Mario kart and the idea of designing my own tracks. However, i feel it's something i would get bored with pretty quickly and for £100 that's a lot of money to be spent on something that i maybe won't get too much playtime out of.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

If the only way to play it is to have that actual car driving around my house, then it won't work for me. I have a little kid that would have a lot of fun with that, but he would make it impossible for me to actually play the game.

If you can compete in other people's tracks virtually, then I'll probably pick it up. If you can make tracks around your own house and you don't have to have the physical car driving around, that would be cool too.

In other words, I need more details.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 05 September 2020

I usually don't buy stuff with more stuff that clutters my home. So that I really feel the itch to get this says a lot about how cool the concept is. My flat is also a bit too small for this, so it probably doesn't make much sense for me. Living in another situation I would so get this though.

Price is a bit steep, I first thought the pack contains two cars, but only one for 100 bucks is a bit much.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Not something I'm interested in, but a Nintendo-style game for sure. It seems we won't get Mario Kart 9 on Switch. Nintendo will rake in plenty of dough with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Kart Tour, and presumably Mario Kart Live. We'll probably get Mario Kart 9 in the launch window of Switch 2.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I think it'll be a big with the help of social media. With the camera feature it opens up the opportunity for lots of funny videos. Imagine recording a race where your cat or dog completely fucks it up.

Hiku said:

Very interesting idea. Also not something I would have thought of now, but loved when I was a kid.

Though it's pretty expensive if you want to play 2 players or more. Need additional Switches and karts (not sure what they cost.)

Each additional player needs a full kit purchase, so it's an additional Switch + $100 for another game copy & kart.

SW-5120-1900-6153