By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit - Thoughts?

While it's not something I personally would buy, this kind of inventive, outside-the-box idea is part of why I love Nintendo.

I really like its cleverness and the fact it's something I never would have thought of until I saw it.

With the right marketing push, I think this could be a real hit this holiday season and end up under a lot of Christmas trees.

What do you guys think of it?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 September 2020

Around the Network

Meh

Neat, but not for me. The Labo audience will love it, though.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Very creative, indeed.

I find it very interesting and a great use of enhanced reality. But first I want to know the price of an entire kit.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
I find it very interesting and a great use of enhanced reality. But first I want to know the price of an entire kit.

Pretty sure it's $100 USD isn't it? https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/3/21419025/mario-kart-live-home-circuit-nintendo-switch-ar-remote-control

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 September 2020

kids/ children will like this it might be a hit 4 them!

It looks cool and I am very interested in getting it.  I want to know more details though.  Seems like there is a lot that could go wrong.  For example, how does it handle carpet?  How does it hold up over time?  I guess I want to see some reviews of the actual product.  But the idea has me very intrigued.  

To me this is more what gaming is really about: finding ways to push the envelope.  Gaming has gotten too stale.  This is not stale.  I like how it's a real kart interacting with the Switch.  The whole idea seems very fun and innovative.

Interesting idea. I have a feeling my cat will cause some problems though haha

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Conceptually, could be fantastic. Especially if it has any in-built tracks that DON'T require AR. Also, 50cc, 100cc, 150cc?

I know my kids would love it. My house is just spacious enough to possibly make it work, depending on the size of the karts - particularly if the karts can smoothly handle transitions from carpet to hard surfaces and back.

At first the price-point seemed high, but then I remembered the cost of a decent RC car + all the extra gate hardware that comes as well. Honestly it doesn't seem unreasonable at that point.

I still don't plan to get it early on, but possibly for my kids' birthdays next year.

SW-5120-1900-6153