By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit - Thoughts?

Its cool, but too expensive for me.

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
Hiku said:

Very interesting idea. Also not something I would have thought of now, but loved when I was a kid.

Though it's pretty expensive if you want to play 2 players or more. Need additional Switches and karts (not sure what they cost.)

Each additional player needs a full kit purchase, so it's an additional Switch + $100 for another game copy & kart.

The game is a free download. You only get the kart and set up for the 100$.

Great concept but I think limited reach, both in terms of age and house holds which can accomodate it.

But as some others have said, we need more of this in gaming

KLXVER said:
thetonestarr said:

Each additional player needs a full kit purchase, so it's an additional Switch + $100 for another game copy & kart.

The game is a free download. You only get the kart and set up for the 100$.

Ok, fair enough, but that's semantics really, since the game can't be played without the kart.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Yomieeee said:
I think it'll be a big with the help of social media. With the camera feature it opens up the opportunity for lots of funny videos. Imagine recording a race where your cat or dog completely fucks it up.

I think that's what interests me the most, seeing videos of all the crazy stuff people come up with both in terms of tracks, and stuff like pets or people accidentally walking in becoming unintentional track hazards. There's a lot of potential I think.

Around the Network

Really cool. I'm sure lots of kids will be interested in this. I kinda wonder how long it will hold its appeal though. Reminds me a lot of Labo - a very cool piece of tech that outside the box thinking for the games industry, that will have a niche audience of mostly kids. Definitely not a mainstream product, but it's a cool piece of tech and shows Nintendo is always thinking outside the box on how to bring new gaming experiences to people.

Slownenberg said:
Really cool. I'm sure lots of kids will be interested in this. I kinda wonder how long it will hold its appeal though. Reminds me a lot of Labo - a very cool piece of tech that outside the box thinking for the games industry, that will have a niche audience of mostly kids. Definitely not a mainstream product, but it's a cool piece of tech and shows Nintendo is always thinking outside the box on how to bring new gaming experiences to people.

I think the main thing separating this from LABO and while it could do much better is that rather than being a new IP it has an ultra-popular franchise attached to it. That and an RC car being more durable and more likely to last than a LABO set.

Speaking of which, I wonder if the game will have a "free roam" mode of sorts where you can just drive it around outside of races. Cos having an RC car with a camera could itself add a great deal of value beyond just the game itself. 

I'll get it just to put on display in my man cave. I don't care about reselling or keeping things in mint condition. In my 44 years on earth, I've never successfully resold a single toy, comic, or collectible. I've learned to just buy what I like and enjoy it. This falls into that category. Can't see myself playing with it but I like what I see

Maybe I'll use it to spy like that kid in the Purge movie.

Regarding the floorspace issue, for those in small apartments, shouldn't it be possible to also set up a race in a car park or some other paved public area or something?

At my block of flats for instance we have a concrete driveway and communal parking space that's only really used during the morning and evening. 

Have any pre-orders gone up for these in north america?